First hobby - Baking, or studying baking. Lila likes to read a book we have about chocolate baking recipes. She reads the book looking at the desserts and makes the "yummmm" sound over and over.Second hobby - Astronomy. She has started to read a book called "The
Night Sky". Where this book came from I have no idea. It has complicated constellation maps etc...Lila just reads stuff like this and is entertained for 5-15 mins sometimes. Usually she is talking to herself or maybe reading out loud. Maybe she got some of her Grandfather's love for the stars.Third Hobby - Handyman. I guess Lila has seen me do some work around the house and she cannot get enough of her dad's tools when they are out. This picture is one experience when she found a digital thermometer and thought it was a tool of sorts and used it to possibly tighten or loosen the screws on the back of the charger for the drill. She was doing this for at least 15 mins or more. Obviously the screws were unaffected.


Next hobby - Vacuuming. Lila will either use the vacuum or something resembling the vacuum and push it around the carpet just as her mom and dad often do.Last hobby - Brushing Teeth. She likes to not only brush her own teeth, but anyones teeth. We get a kick out of hearing her say brush and teeth. If she doesn't have a tooth brush handy some of the substitutes are a pen or the hard ends of the strings on a hoody sweatshirt.
Lastly, this is not a hobby. But Lila has already learned what prayer means. When we get together for family prayer Lila will now fold her arms and even bow her head and close her eyes. Inasmuch as I try to pray quickly so Lila will stay that way for the entire prayer, its pretty pointless since she only does it for about 5 seconds. I get pretty close sometimes, but if its Sheena's turn there is not a chance. Ten minutes later Lila has gone and come back 2-3 times and does her 5 second prayer and then returns to play while her Mom and Dad finish the prayer.

15 comments:
She really does love that cook book, I have to keep it in my diaper bag at all times- thanks Ange.
When Lila was using the thermometer to unscrew the drill charger I cannot even tell you how much she was concentrating. This went on for 30-40 minutes, she was completely focused the whole time.
Lila will be sitting on your lap when out of no where she grabs something, sticks it in your mouth and says "brush brush brush."
I have to admit it is probably one of my favorite things ever to watch Lila kneel and get ready to pray, granted it does only last about 5 seconds, but it is the sweetest 5 seconds ever.
That is SO SO SO cute!! Isaac just told me that he wants to learn everything he can from his cousin Lila because he's guaranteed to be cute if he does. I tend to agree. Can't wait to see you guys! Lila gets cuter every day!
I could hardly get my breath looking at those thermometer pictures- that's classic! It's amazing what kids pick up just watching their parents...and at the same time they're so much more innovative than we are.
Well, since Sheena makes the best chocolate cookies this side of half way to my Mom's house, you both have pearly-white smiles, and you are the handy-man of all handymen, I'd say she takes after both of you quite well.
Jake was always the best handyman around. I can't tell you how many times he's said "hey, we should fix ______ (insert broken item in my house here) and I say, "nah...Let's finish ________ (insert lame TV program here)
Awesome post Jake. Watching the development of Lila gets me excited for what is in store for us---but then again, that's a pretty high bar.
I have to admit, I applaud you for teaching good dental hygiene. That is a skill that will be used throughout her life...wish I could say the same about unscrewing things with a thermometer…
Grea Blog! We'll definately have to start putting one of these together too. Lila is super cute! I'm really excited for you guys having a second on the way. I'll have to tell Lori that Sheena is not feeling too sick this time. It will give her hope!
what a cutie! ....and very smart too! not to mention she's a beauty! can't wait to see her again!
Lila is adorable! I had a friend clue me in to how I could link to other's blogs from the comments they leave me (duh). I am so glad because your blog is perfect and I can't wait to add it to the ones I check frequently!
Congrats on the pregnancy! Ashlyn and Alex are 21 mo. apart, and I think it's ideal (for the first two).
Lila is such a cute little lady. i think maybe when she's trying to brush your teeth she might be trying to tell you your breath is a little undesirable. Shawn does it to me sometimes. I don't know, just a thought! He,He,He
So about that dare...
I'm working on it in my brain Whit, I'll get to it.
She's raking her brain trying to come up with any junk they own - yeah right "Mother's daughter".
Hola Familia Menke!!! Los extrano mucho!! Un beso y abrazo grande!!!
I can see both of you in Lila's prayer picture. We use your blog pictures as our desktop photos!
Post a Comment