
2. I love the outdoors. I love it so much that a few times my friend Brady and I just went camping without even bringing a tent and other worthwhile preparations. One time it was so cold we tried making a shelter with small trees and branches and put a fire close to our shelter. (This only made it worse, not only could we not sleep because of being cold, we had emphysema by 3am)
3. I like to read when I use the facilities. Sometimes I can get caught up in a good book. (This may also be on Sheena's list of pet peeves)
4. When I run and need an extra boost my secret weapon is techno music. It helps me focus and turns my run into more of a dance. I will need more of it for this Relay race we are doing in June.

5. I love to travel. I'm always game for a cruise or trip. I loved visiting Hong Kong, Hungary, and Romania. Every man needs a custom made suite from Hong Kong. I am always game to visit any Spanish speaking country because of the love from my mission in Argentina. I visited Argentina during the Utah Winter Olympics and had quite the adventure. I do not recommend visiting Russia in the winter months. It was -30 when I was there and when you couple that with grumpy people and everything being super expensive in Moscow...you just want to leave. Internet was $40 a day in the hotel!

10 comments:
I might be wrong here, but when I enlarge the picture of you camping, it would appear that you take a duraflame log with you into the wild. I'm not sure if that really counts as roughing it, but I suppose it beats gathering your own firewood.
Does fact #3 mean that I can judge the amount of time you spend by the amount of literary knowledge you've amassed? There's got to be some sort of mathematical equation to compute this...
Yes he most certainly is carrying a duraflame log. He is such a boyscout, huh? When I enlarged it I burst out laughing cause I have never heard of two eagle scouts going out to the wilderness to rough it and bringing a duraflame log. That's my husband.
Oh Che Menke. I'm still mouth-ajar to find out you rock techno during your workouts. That is so out of character to me. But hey, if my husband says that how you've always rolled, I believe it.
A boy scout is prepared. A super scout is over prepared and even brings easy to light logs. Did you miss the snake flash light?
Unfortunately the 3rd fact is not something I have always done or I would be way smarter. Don't worry, lesson learned so I can raise my kids the right way.
Oh, and if anyone else has anything else that they think will help me push it harder when I jog let me know. Most of the time I look around while jogging and think everyone only wishes they had the sandstorm helping them run hard.
PIBE!! I don't care what they say about the druaflame log. We were probably taking it so we could give it to another camper who wasn't as prepared as we were! Right, Boy Scout Moto: "Be Prepared". I can't believe we survived the mosquitos and stinging nettle on that trip. Not to mention the bear we had to wrestle!
I didn't know you knew anything about cars- I seriously thought you wore those coveralls just to LOOK like you knew something about cars. I also didn't know you read when you go poo (I put that last part in just to grose Sheena out- ha-ha!too bad she can't edit these comments!:)
Thanks for that Whit, here I was foolishly trying to avoid being grossed out by my own blog. By the way, Jake also wanted to include a picture of himself on the toilet, it was much harder for me to convince him not to then it should have been.
I actually thought I replied to this already, but it appears I was mistaken! I still think it's funny you rock the techno when you work out buddy... As for the traveling, we need to do a couples cruise!
On occasion I will listen to popular music that has a good beat and theme music sometimes too while I run. Just some techno songs are a combination of progression with a good beat.
Post a Comment