Saturday, February 2, 2008

5 Things you don't know about Lila

Okay so some of you may know these things, but I would be shocked if you knew them all.
#1. Lila has started a new thing where she sings herself to sleep. I will put her in her crib and then listen to her sing for the next 10 minutes or so until she is totally asleep.
#2. She is obsessed with cheese. This kid would eat cheese for every meal if I let her. She loves string cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese and every other kind of cheese, so much that it was even one of her first words.
#3. Lila is a very fair little girl. Whenever she gives daddy a kiss she has to give one to mommy too, this goes for hugs or bites of her food or anything really. If we are both with her we will both get equal amounts of whatever she is giving out.
#4. Lila has NO fear. This child isn't afraid of dogs or loud noises or new people or anything at all. This especially surprises me since I am such a wuss and am completely terrified of dogs, among many other things. Lila will go to anyone, eat anything, touch any animal, climb to any height, jump in any amount of water, she truly is fearless.
#5. Lila can entertain herself for hours at a time. She is 14 months now, but since day 1 you could just set her on the ground and she would never stop being happy, she would eventually fall asleep after just talking to herself and looking around. Now I find her sitting in any random place in our house with a pile of books around her just reading to herself and turning the pages, she could read all day long-again something she did not get from her mom.

6 comments:

DB said...

I'm waiting for the day when we can put Cade down and he becomes entertained by silence and a blank wall. No luck yet, he thinks he needs to be entertained at all times to be happy. What's the trick?

Maxine Parrish said...

So when is Lila going to come over for a play date with Isaac? She can teach him how to fall asleep while playing - that would be a great trick for him to learn!

In return, I'm sure Isaac won't mind showing Lila how to flap his arms wildly while whining at pitches only dogs can hear.

Amber said...

what a great idea! It's good to learn more about you guys. What a cute pic of Lila! How old was she? I still need the cookie recipe.

JAM said...

In addition to singing in her crib, Lila just loves music and rhythm.

One of the first things she does in the morning is make her way to my alarm clock and push the exact button that starts the radio. Then she gets really happy and starts rocking out and dancing.

She also busts into dance when a cell phone rings a good tune or when there is a music scene in a movie. She is always looking for a chance to move somp'n.

Sara said...

what cute family! I agree with so many of the things that you posted about yourself... So me!
Since you hate cooking dinner so much when do I get to cook dinner for you guys??

Craig said...

Ange just got the best string cheese ever...Uncle Craig loves him some good string cheese.

We should have a string cheese and Sheena's cookies party over at the Menke House. I'll bring the string cheese.