Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Just a Few Things I LOVE!

Here goes...A post about some things that I absolutely love...
  • First thing is of course 80's movies, some of you might cringe (Collin) but in my mind it just doesn't get any better than these wonderful classics.



  • Next thing, Mint chocolate chip ice cream, ahhh pure Heaven.
  • This one might sound a little vain, but it is one one my favorite things ever- when a picture is taken of you where you look way better in the picture then you do in real life. You guys have to know what I mean, right? You look skinnier, your hair is just perfect and your teeth are even whiter, that is the best.
  • Getting mail, I mean real mail, in the mailbox with a stamp on it mail. Of course this only counts as wonderful if it is from someone you know and love, not a bill or an advertisement. I'm almost 25 but it is still just as exciting as when I was a kid.
  • Reef flip flops- LOVE them!!! Those of you who know me pretty well already know that about me, but they might just be an addiction of mine.
  • Last one, when my Lila does something that totally cracks me up. She wanted to read a magazine in an old bouncy chair, she put it on the chair and then climbed on up, she was of course sitting on the magazine and instead of getting off and re situating she just tried to read it in between her legs.

19 comments:

provoloner said...

Hey, that's how I read!
It's comfier than it looks...

Better off Dead - what a great movie.

We'll make you Maxine's special homemade mint 'n' chip. You'll go nuts.

DB said...

You are your sister's sister. Whitney and 80's movies go together like PB and J. I've not quite realized the appeal for all the classics, but I do like a talking hamburger every once in a while.

Maxine Parrish said...

Ohmygosh! Those are pretty much all my favorites too! I love mint chip ice cream, but only the cheap store brand that has chocolate shavings (as opposed to the big chunks or chips from the premium brands). So good!

I used to wear my Reefs pretty much every day until they died in Hawaii. I miss them...

And I still get my hopes up just before I open my mailbox. Who doesn't like real mail?

I can't wait to see my cute niece Lila! She is such a hoot!

Lianna said...

Yep, she cracks me up too. I knew you loved 80s movies, but Coming to America?? It's been awhile, but I don't remember any redeeming qualities? Any other classics you can recommend? I'm getting annoyed with all the R rated new releases. Well, you might be getting something in the mail soon

Sheena Menke said...

Too many good 80's movies to even begin. Let's see here, Adventures in Babysitting, Big Business, Dirty Dancing, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Overboard, Girls just wanna have fun, and splash. Some of those are pretty random, but I love them all. I'm sure Whitney can give you some pretty good suggestions too.

JAM said...

Mint Choc Chip is my fav o fav too. But I like the hearty chips. None of that cheap wax that is colored black.
Even better with Choc sprinkles.

I have taught Lila to chug the gallon jugs baby. No more cups necessary. I bet our kid can chug faster than your kid!

Sara said...

That last picture of Lila is so so cute! I was cracking up with it.
So we need to get together as soon as Makenna is completely better! We can watch 80s movies (some of my favs as well!) and let the girls "play." I have to use quotations with that since Makenna still is learning to play!

DB said...

As a fan of 80's movies you must come to realize that all are not created equal...like Splash. Of all the Tom Hanks' classics to choose from- what about The Money Pit? Big? Joe vs. the Volcanoe? Actually I'm not even sure those are all 80's movies...I'm getting so old that I'm starting to classify any movie from my youth as an 80's movie- no matter what decade it's from.

And why is everyone overlooking cookies'n'cream as an ice cream favorite. Sure, some refreshing mint'n'chip is nice every once in awhile but it doesn't beat the rite aid brand cookies'n'cream. Do you guys have rite aid in Utah? If you do we're having a contest when we come in town in April- everyone has to bring what they think is the "best ever" ice cream and we'll have a big throw down. Oh my goodness, I'm salivating just thinking of it...

Whitney said...

oops- I accidentally posted that last comment under Dustin's name.

JAM said...

Those are good ones too. I'll watch just about anything with Tom Hanks.
She left out Mannequin too but who is keeping track.

Cookies and Cream? Thats like the poor mans Mint Choc Chip. I'd rather have root beer float ice cream as a root beer float. (We have those at the Gpas when we play cards...dang good)

Maxine Parrish said...

Why has everyone overlooked "Short Circuit" and "Short Circuit 2"?? And Let's not forget "Howard the Duck" while we're talking about '80s classics.

That Breyers root beer float ice cream was surprisingly good. Now we just have to try their fried ice cream flavor. If we can keep that one down, we'll be sittin' pretty.

Amber said...

What about E.T. and Flight of the Navigator or The Never Ending Story?

Love the pic of Lila. Her hair is getting so long!

DB said...

Or anything with Patrick Swayze...

DB said...

ugh!

Sheena Menke said...

Don't worry Dustin, I mentioned dirty dancing, do you really think i would leave out that patrick swayze classic?

amanda said...

i love 80s movies a lot. but...mostly 80s high school movies. better off dead is so great, and say anything is another favorite. oh, but wait! some kind of wonderful, pretty in pink, breakfast club, sixteen candles, three o'clock high (filmed in logan).

mint chocolate chip is pretty tasty, but i can't put that over rocky road. primo version for sure. i ain't be eatin' no waxy/gummy ice cream.

btw, your daughter is super cute. she has jake's eyebrows. don't worry, it's a cute feature on her.

TheRogersReport said...

Hey Sheena, finally got a blog so take a look. better get some comments! I just watched sixteen candles the other day. Classic! Molly Ringwald kinda reminds me of Lennyx..some of her facial expressions.
http://lifewiththerogersclan.blogspot.com

and peanut makes three... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
and peanut makes three... said...

Sheena! Holy smokes, she is so big. WOW! So, we relocated from SLC back to California. I found your blog from Jen's. I am do happy I found you too! I miss you!