These are a few weeks old but worth posting. We have been getting more snowfall this winter than we have the last 10 years. Couple that with some serious wind (70mph) and you get snow

drifts. The night before I took these pictures a short 20 min errand turned into a 3.5 hr drive that took me a total of maybe 2 miles away and back to my house. (abandoning the

errand in the end) To finally get home I had to leave my car and run through the blizzard since there were huge drifts (2-5 feet high) across the roads near our home and cars were stuck in the middle of them. Later that night Craig and I found a round about way to get to my car and get it to my garage, but it was not easy...there was search and rescue teams and stuck cars

everywhere. I was happy to know that my car had the marker from search and rescue when I returned to retrieve it. If I had been stuck in my car I would have been rescued. Here are some of the pictures which are much more impressive in person. Especially the 3 foot wall of snow in front of the Osmond's house, which is on the left. The right is a picture of the back of our house and the bottom is one of the roads that was blocked with a drift the night before.
6 comments:
I was so happy when Jake finally came home, even though he had to run home in a blizzard. For those of you who do not live in Utah- it was crazy! It felt like the end of the world with cars just parked randomly in the middle of the street completely deserted. The power kept going out and some kids even had to sleep at their schools because they couldn't get home. It was a night that I was homesick for San Deigo for sure.
That's so scary!! It does make a very good argument for living in Southern California. Then again, I love snow (as long as I or a loved one are not stuck in it)...
The Subaru handled FINE, might I add... I kept aiming for the highest drift possible, and it cleared every single one of them.
Psh... shouda bought a subaru, neighbor.
Wowsers! And I've complained about the 50 degree weather and rain we've had....you know people move to SoCal all the time to escape this type of thing--
I don't think it was that bad here in SLC. Maybe I wasn't paying attention to the weather. I'm glad you made it through! The huge snow storms are scary!
As Jake can surely attest to..Subaru!!!
Post a Comment