Thursday, July 1, 2010

A little bit different

I am fully aware that for the most part I am "suppose" to blog about how wonderful and perfect my children are. Well, I am beginning to worry that at some point in the future I will be under the impression that my kids never did anything remotely annoying. Since this is far from the truth, I decided I should probably document a few of the things miss Lila does that drive me crazy. Note: I am not doing this to be a mean mom, but to have a more accurate account of what Lila is like at the age of 3.

Some of my least favorite things Lila says or has said are...
#1. "I want my own" We hear this sentence multiple times a day.
#2. "I don't really feel like sharing"
#3. "I never ever want to wipe my own tush, I only like it when you do it mom." This might be my least favorite sentence ever said.
#4. "Remember when you said accidents happen, Mommy?" I get a little nervous every time she starts a sentence this way.

#5. "I only want to sleep in your bed, Mommy."
#6. "Hurry Launi, hide!" This sentence she shouts every time I am trying to get the girls to do something Lila doesn't want to do, ie pick up their toys, change Launi's diaper, put on pajamas, go to bed.

#7. "That sounds like something Launi would do." This is said in response to me asking who did something such as spread flour all over the table and make designs in it. It is Lila's way of not admitting to something while not fully lying and blaming it on Launi. She is a clever little stinker.

#8. "I like it when my hair has tangles, keep them there."
#9. " I'll be a good listener when you stop asking me to do things, k Mommy?"
#10. "I don't want to wear that, it doesn't match." Ug!
#11. "I'm just a kid, sometimes I can't hold still and be quiet."
#12. "I'm too full to eat dinner, I only have a little bit of room in my tummy for a cookie."
#13. "This time you sit in the car seat and I will drive." This would be cute if it weren't followed by a 20 minute conversation of why that isn't possible.
#14. "I think I'm going to have a tough time listening today." I have hear this sentence about once a week and she means it when she says it.


Lila likes to make messes and be silly and get into trouble with her sister and cousin. She is as 3 as they come. Even though her teenage like cleverness occasionally drives me a little crazy, she accompanies it with 3 year old like sweetness and affection which makes it all better.

5 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!! I'm sure it annoys and frustrates the daylights out of you when she says those things, but seeing them in writing is pretty stinkin' cute and hilarious from where I'm sitting. So, at least when your daughter is driving you crazy, she's still being cute about it. Miss you guys! Hope to see you soon!

Collin said...

Lila is brilliant. I can't believe a three-year old can come up with those concepts. Also, I love the picture of Launi looking annoyed.

Megan said...

Haha. I LOVE love this post. I would make a list but I am afraid my 'not like' list would be twice in length from my 'like' list with Annabelle. That sounds terrible. Oh being three. Lila sure is cute, smart, and witty. I love her braids - her hair is so long! We definitely need to have a play date soon.

Devon and Josh said...

Sheena, you are brilliant! I LOVE THIS POST! I can so picture Audrey quoting Lila. The sad thing is that I know it is coming. My little princess will be three in August. Yikes! #14 made me laugh out loud! What a cute & clever little gal she is. Thanks for making me laugh!

JoAnn said...

Sheena--Terry and I loved your list of Lila's statements!! Love you guys.