Jake and I ran the freedom festival 5k together this year. So if you don't pay any attention to the fact that he runs 5 times that amount on any old random Saturday, and that many of my friends run marathons, and that I didn't actually run the whole thing, but focus more on the fact that I ran a race, had a number and got a free t-shirt then I think you will agree that I'm pretty hard core.

Please do not pay any attention to the ridiculous look on my face, I was trying to point out that I was wearing a number...in case you aren't aware, that means you are legitimate. Also please do not pay attention to the scrunchy in my hair, it is embarrassing but desperate times call for desperate measures.

The girls were troopers through the whole thing. They loved waving to everyone cheering us on.

Jake wore a big Dr. Sues looking hat that got a lot of attention from people cheering.

We had fun and even though I am by no means a "runner" I hope we can do some more races together....where I will get more numbers pinned to me and more free t-shirts.
6 comments:
Sheena, you seriously crack me up! You go girl! I am loving the fact that you got a number and a free t-shirt... what better photo-op does a girl need? :0)
Wow - I'd feel the exact same way if I ever ran a race. Remember the free t-shirts mom used to get from donating blood? Well multiply that excitement by three.
Are those pictures taken in front of the Command Centre? If so, then no wonder you found great stores of energy to get you through the race. That's practically hallowed ground! I bet they had the race there on purpose - to tap into such a powerful force. Even the olympic torch needed the Command Centre to keep its flame burning bright.
It's ALL ABOUT the free t-shirts. For reals. And, I might add, that even with the scrunchie ;) you looks a lot better than I do when I run. I look like I just fell out of bed - didn't touch my hair, brush my teeth, etc. Oh wait. That is because that IS what I do. lol. Congrats on the run though. Way to go!
Pay no attention to my husband. He's YOUR brother, after all... :)
But seriously, I kind of agree with him and you about the shirt. Excitement and awesomeness would be through the roof. I'm going to hazard a guess that I will never ever own one of those dandy shirts. Legitimately, that is. Better guard your closet next time we visit...
That is awesome! How fun to do that as a family...maybe we should try that. Do they have a jogging baby bjorn?
Sheena, you are so freaking awesome! I love it! And have I told you that you look so hot in the picture on the right? I miss you! We are still having our next babies together right?
Post a Comment