Friday, July 9, 2010

A New and Improved Jake

Jake is back to the active and healthy Jake he used to be pre-cancer, except for now he doesn't have one of those pesky old thyroids. He did a triathlon before he had caner and really loved it and in May he did another one. He did fabulously!

This is him pre race.


This is him right as he is starting the swim.


This is Launi playing while Jake is biking.


This is him with about a quarter of a mile left on the run.


The girls enjoyed the free chocolate milk and having Daddy be all done.

Now on to Ragnar... It was the day after ragnar last year that I discovered the lump on Jake's throat. That led us to quite a few tests and doctors appointments, then to the discovery of cancer, then to surgery of course and finally radiation. Now, a year later, Jake ran ragnar again and is doing wonderfully.

These pictures are backwards by the way.
Lila and Jake after the race.


Jake and some of his teammates.


All of the boys crossing the finish line together



This is a picture of the guys who were all in van 1, minus Waylund. Thanks so much Jennee for letting them borrow your van, it was much appreciated. Jake had a fabulous time and ran a total of 16 miles. He is pretty much amazing.

4 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

That is so awesome - we're so proud of you, Jake! Cancer schmancer. And awesome job with all the posting lately, Sheena! I really appreciate being able to see what's going on in your lives. We miss you guys so much all the time and really wish we could be living there right now. Hopefully a visit at the end of this month will have to suffice. We're just waiting on the vacation approval from Collin's work.

Collin said...

Ditto what Maxine said.

Oh, and I love that picture of Launi. :)

Jake, that was impressive. I'd be surprised if I could run two miles let alone 16.

Megan said...

Go Jake! That seriously is so awesome! And I am sure he would say that he wouldn't have been able to do it all without a rockstar wife!

Hartless1 said...

Sweet legs dude.