Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hawaii Part 1

Jake's Christmas present from me was a trip to Hawaii. I decided to use my Dainty Doodads money to take us to Kauai for a week. It was a kind of crazy year last year with Jake's cancer, surgery, recovery and radiation. He was really sick over Christmas because of the radiation and it took more than a month for him to get better. I felt maybe we just needed to get away and take a break. My mom flew into town the morning that we flew out of town and took our girls for the week. Thanks Mom! My cousin Brooke helped a ton too and between the two of them my girls were very well taken care of. We owe them both big time!


It was really tough for me to leave Lila and Launi, but I knew they would be perfectly fine. I had never left Launi before and the only time I left Lila over night was when I had Launi.
We left Thursday Morning and flew all day, we got into Kauai around 8 pm.
This is a picture of Jake enjoying the snacks and drinks in the crown room, we love that place.
FRIDAY:
I was proud of myself for actually going through with it and leaving the girls, but I will admit that I called home multiple times a day.
The first thing we did on Friday other than call home was take a small plane ride around the island. We had done a helicopter tour before so we thought we would try this instead.


It was so gorgeous!
When we went back to our hotel we hung out on the beach and went swimming for a bit.
It was a perfect sunny day and I cannot even begin to describe how good the sun felt.
The chickens are everywhere, they were cracking me up the whole time. Jake says I took this picture so that I could forever check out the guy in the background in his speedo.
The pool was a giant circle with hot tubs around the outside. Under those big white tower looking things is where the hot tubs were.
Once we were done hanging out by the pool we went to a luau. It was located on absolutely gorgeous gardens.
He's pretty cute.
Jake did his fare share of talking to Lila too.

The pig that they cooked under the ground looked so nasty I didn't even want to post the picture of it so here we are in front of it.
The dancing was rad and thoroughly entertaining.
We had an awesome first day in Hawaii. It felt like a second honeymoon but even better because we appreciated the alone time together so much more now. It was wonderful to not have to bring a 30 pound diaper bag everywhere I went and change diapers and worry about what the kids were going to eat and nap times and finding a bathroom every half hour for Lila. Don't get me wrong, I am madly in love with my girls, but 6 days without them was so refreshing. I'm not quite ready to do it again just yet, but I don't think Jake and I will wait another 3 and a half years to do it again!

2 comments:

Megan said...

Haha. I am still laughing at the guy in his speedo - thanks for pointing that out ;) I remember the first time I left Anna alone for a few days - I almost felt guilty for loving it. I love her to death, but it was SO nice to spend time alone with the husband.

I am so jealous of your trip. I can feel the warmth exuding from your pictures. I am glad you guys had such a good time!

Anonymous said...

AH! I miss Hawaii! I am super jealous!