Monday, March 8, 2010

Hawaii Part 2

SATURDAY: Tsunami Day
Saturday at 3:30 AM Jake and I were awakened by numerous phone calls and text messages telling us about the Tsunami that was "headed right for us." We turned on the news and watched for a while. I am a huge worry wart so I kind of freaked out and just wanted to fly home. Jake told me that all we needed to do was go to higher ground and said to go back to sleep for now. The alarm in our hotel went off and told us who was being evacuated. We were on the fourth floor so we were fine. The tsunami was scheduled to hit at 11:40 AM so we got up and headed out before roads were closed.


Pretty much everything was closed because they didn't want people (employees) to be on the road. We found a little shopping center away from the coast that had a few shops open.

This is a picture of one of the roads being blocked off.
This is one of the 9 zillion chickens that joined us at Walmart.
We spent a lot of our day on Saturday hanging out at Walmart. There were toys and books and food so we were perfectly happy. We also discovered an open movie theater so we went and saw The Lightening Thief.
Once the tsunami had passed we were able to go back to our hotel and go to the beach for a while.
That night Jake and I went to this restaurant called the Beach House. The view was absolutely amazing and so was the food.



A totally boring post I know, but considering it was Tsunami day and we couldn't really go anywhere or do anything, this post will have to do.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness, my mouth is watering looking at that yummy food! I mean, it's no tomato-less cheeseburger but it looks pretty decent.

Sheena Menke said...

Tomato-less cheeseburger pizza you mean.