Thursday, March 11, 2010

Cheeseburgers and back to Hawaii

CHEESEBURGER: A few more words on our cheeseburger argument (if you don't know what I am talking about, refer to the post below.)
* First of all Jake is under the impression that if it is not called a cheeseburger then it is NOT a cheeseburger, ie Big Mac, Double Double, Burger Deluxe are all not cheeseburgers in his mind. Now I am not sure if he really believes this or is just saying it to win an argument.
* Secondly, it was brought to my attention yesterday that Jake has been enlisting the help of certain people to come to our blog and vote no. I take this as a victory on my part since it is clear that he did not believe he could win this one without cheating. I just wanted to let you know in case you, like me, were shocked at how close the poll is. Its integrity has been compromised.
*All that being said, still feel free to vote on our poll to the right hand side.
* By the way, I really do love my husband a whole lot despite his cheeseburger views.

Now on to Hawaii
SUNDAY:
We started the day off with early church. It was magnificent. The ward members gave us leis and sang to us too, it was very sweet.


We went back to our hotel where I got my dress stuck in the escalator. Thankfully my husband was there to take pictures. Whew, what a close call, to think that I almost did something really embarrassing without having someone capturing it forever.

We then headed out for a stroll on the beach but were sidetracked at the USA vs. Canada hockey game on TV.
We watched the game with a bunch of very enthusiastic Canadians so it was almost fun when they won.
We ate a very yummy hot dog.
Then had some delicious Hula pie.
After lunch we went for a drive/hike and saw some gorgeous views.

I don't know what he is doing in this picture but it cracks me up so I wanted to share it.

This is our favorite tree tunnel bridge. You drive through it going to poi pu.
We wanted to check out the Grand Hyatt that we had heard was beautiful, it did not disappoint.



We had a marvelous Sunday, it is amazing how much you can fit into a day when you aren't working around naps and meals and all that good stuff.

6 comments:

Megan said...

That pie is huge...and it looks so good ;) Do you guys watch Modern Family? I just started because I heard it was funny (and it is) and a similar 'elevator incident' happened on an episode. It was hilarious.

Speaking of hilarious - the whole cheeseburger argument. I loved reading through the comments and seeing the battle unfold. Good times. Good times. Oh and if I were to make a cheeseburger, it would have tomatoes.

Unknown said...

Its integrity was not compromised. The poll needed more people than the typical people that view our blog.

Sheena Menke said...

Sure it did Jake, more people who were told to "help a brother out and vote no."

Lianna said...

Isn't Kauai just gorgeous? Looks like you had fun. I am ready to follow your example and take a vacation :)
Glad you were safe from the tsunami. When are we going to see you down here?

Erin said...

Menke!!! How cool that we live 2 minutes from you and we didn't know it! We both have 3 year-old girls that need to hang out! Could you email me at erinveora@gmail.com. I want to invite you to our blog, too (http://guentergirls.blogspot.com)

Let's get together soon!
~Erin

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.