Lila started preschool in the end of August and I waited a little while to post about it because I wanted to have something to say other than she started.

In the beginning she really wasn't too thrilled to be going, mainly because it starts at 8 in the morning and this little one really REALLY enjoys sleeping in. Her first day back from preschool, her first words to me were, "I didn't get to paint and I had to use really big crayons." Awesome. I began to wonder why we were paying for her and I to both have to wake up earlier than we wanted to and start our days by torturing each other, just so she can come home upset about her lack of art time.

Eventually they started painting at preschool and that kind of changed everything for miss Lila. Her teachers started to walk her out to my car every day and tell me how amazing she is with paint and how they want to display every single picture she does. Lila also started learning all sorts of new songs, fun games, and is making serious progress on her reading. She can count to 100, which was huge for her because we really struggled to get to 20 before. She wakes up early on her own now and gets very excited to go. She comes home happy and loves her teachers and all of her new friends.

Lila's preschool had a cowboy days where they were able to get dressed up and ride a pony and do all sorts of fun cowboy related things. This might just have been one of the best days of Lila's life, she loved every second of it.
3 comments:
She looks so much more mature now! Must be all the stuff she's learning at her new school. Is this that one academy that had a big questionnaire for parents to fill out? Because it sounds awesome so far. I'm so glad she's loving it!
Seriously!? Could she be any cuter? Heck! I want to be wearing her clothes! I am glad that things are going well and she is enjoying it. Anna has her days that she loves it and days where she tells me she is still tired and wants to sleep instead! (I wish too sweat heart!)
I miss Lila.
Post a Comment