We can"t keep the pumpkins that Lila paints forever so of course I must document them on here. I wonder if we will ever make the transition from painting pumpkins to carving them, maybe I will just always let the kids choose what they want to do with their own pumpkin. Lila dedicated a very long time to painting this pumpkin and couldn't take her eyes off of it the whole time, as you can see from the pictures.
The beginning...



Just taking her time and concentrating...

Almost done...

I was able to at least get her to smile but I failed at getting her to look at me and away from the pumpkin.

This girl sure does love to paint. Nothing brings her quite the same happiness as a paint brush and anything to paint on. Isn't her pumpkin lovely though?
4 comments:
That's a nice paint job! Beautiful work Lila. I'm also really impressed with the level of concentration involved.
Sheena, did you or Jake do pumpkins too? You should post those as well.
Her oeuvre is off to an excellent start.
I love that Lila loves painting so much, and I'm so amazed at her ability to do it so well! Hope you guys have a happy Halloween!
so cute! what kind of paint do you usually let her paint with?
I just buy the acrylic paint at a craft store for $1 a bottle. It lasts forever and I can use it for other things if I need it.
Post a Comment