Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Time Flies...

I feel like it was only yesterday that Launi was a teeny tiny baby. I guess I'm wrong since she just turned 2. I still can't believe it, 2? She seems so grown up to me. She sings songs start to finish, speaks in big long full sentences, knows her letters, shapes and colors. Miss Launi is pretty sure she is all grown up too, she does anything Lila does and talks and walks and acts like a 13 year old.
For her birthday we had a few people over and had breakfast for dinner, her favorite, and opened presents and ate ice cream and cupcakes that Lila decorated.

The first thing Launi opened was this giant teddy bear. We had just put a blanket over it and she was shocked when she took the blanket off. She gasped, backed away from it and then started shouting that it was a bear. She then said, "It don't like me, give him to Cade." It was about 1 second later that Lila and Cade couldn't resist any longer and had to jump on the bear and snuggle it and wrestle it. Lila was far more excited about it than Launi.
Grandpa Mann had a nice little dance with the bear, but I only snapped a picture when he was done and putting the bear down.
After about 45 minutes of the kids playing with the bear, we let Launi open her present from the Barringtons. It was love at first sight.
They bought her a double baby stroller and I'm pretty sure she thinks her hands are glued to the handle- she never lets go of it.
This was Lila being contained in Jake's arms because she could not resist Launi's new toys. She was hilarious though, trying to trade Launi's old things for her new things..."Launi do you want to play with this shoe and I'll play with your bear?" She was frantically grabbing things from Launi's room with hopes that Launi would decide her old shoes or car was more exciting than her new things. Then things got really ugly when Lila went to trade Launi's new Tigger with her for the bear and Launi wanted both. Oh fun times!
We moved on to cupcakes and ice cream which made all the kids happy. Launi didn't love being sang to or blowing out the candles but she did love eating her cupcake.
I think she had a pretty good birthday. She gives her bear lots of attention everyday and when she isn't playing with it she is pushing 2 babies around in her stroller.

I do not even know where to begin on summing up our feelings about Launi. She is complete joy to us and brings the three of us so much happiness. Lila said to me yesterday, "Mommy, thank you for having Launi for me, she is my very most favorite present ever." Launi is everything wonderful plus some stubbornness and sassyness that make her that much more fabulous to us. I am grateful everyday that this sweet and amazing little girl was so sent to our family, how blessed we are to have her.

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a little cutie! I love hearing about her personality! Happy Birthday Launi!

Maxine Parrish said...

Happy birthday, Launi! I agree that she was just a little baby yesterday, maybe a week ago. I can't believe how quickly she has grown and what a precocious little girl she is. We wish we could see more of her and the rest of you guys. Give her a big squeeze from her aunt Maxine!

Megan said...

Aren't the drama of girls so much fun! That last quote from Lila though is about the cutest thing I have ever heard.

P.S. Are you having another bow/headband party again? I have lots of people who did the headbands I have been sporting and want some too :)