Saturday, September 11, 2010

Trafalga

Trafalga is the version of a boondocks or family fun center that is nearest to us. We thought we would try it out one Monday night for a Family Home Evening with the Barringtons. The first thing the kids wanted to do was ride this little airplane ride.


This is what the kids looked like before the ride started, as happy as could be, waving and giggling.
Then the ride started to go around and up and down and Launi and Cade began to panic a little bit.

Then it turned into pure terror. I was really hoping that it didn't say anything about me as a mom that I was taking pictures of these little faces instead of doing something to help the situation. But just look at that picture, how could I resist? Cade's face is priceless.
As you can see, Lila went on the ride by herself the next time.
Then we tried out the carousel, it went a little better but Launi was still crying by the end.
We found some cars that were just the right size for the kids and didn't move at all, this was a total success.
Jake and Dustin went on the race cars, isn't that a handsome face.

I'm pretty sure that watching Jake and Dustin was Cade's favorite part of the whole adventure.

Jake took the kids on a train ride which they absolutely loved.

This is how our toddlers play miniature golf...they try and hit rocks into the whole,
and then get really close to make sure the rock really went in.

We had a fabulous night and the kids were just as happy and excited as if we had taken them to Disneyland, only this place was totally free.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. That picture with both Launi and Cade is the funniest thing I have ever seen. I'm almost tempted to print and frame it, and they're not even my kids.

Kara said...

That looks like a super fun family night to me. And you are right Cade's face is priceless!

provoloner said...

That was brilliant! Thanks for the laugh.
Glad to see you posting again!

We had a similar issue with Isaac on the Finding Nemo submarine ride at Disneyland -> scariest.ride.ever. And there's no getting out or stopping the ride either; you're stuck underwater in the dark with a bunch of smelly people.

Maxine Parrish said...

Isaac still won't sit on the carousel horses, despite multiple trips to Disneyland and a genuine desire. I think the size freaks him out a bit. Looks like you guys had a great time - love the pictures (yes, especially the one of Cade)!

Megan said...

I can't stop laughing at those faces. Just. Awesome. I would have grabbed my camera to take pictures too. Oh wait. Anna does the same thing one rides, so I have. lol.

Whitney said...

If you're a bad mom for taking pictures during their traumatic experience, I must be a REALLY bad mom because I was laughing so hard I couldn't keep my camera still enough to get a decent shot. That was so much fun, we should do it again soon!

Mary Millward said...

OH my word....I love Launi's face, she was having a blast!!!!