Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Miss Lila turned 3!

Lila turned 3 in the end of November and here is a look at her day...
This is a picture of what she woke up to, when I asked her what she wanted for her Birthday one of her requests was, "Balloons like my other Birthday!"
She also requested cinnamon rolls with a candle in it for breakfast.

Launi was very happy with that idea.
We let Lila open a package from Grandpa Bruce and Grandma Coco right when she woke up. It had a birdhouse and paint in it and there really could not have been anything else inside that package that would have brought Lila more joy. She could not wait to paint and spent the next 2 hours after breakfast painting away.
Her next stop of choice was cabellas, weird I know, but she loves the fish and all of the animals.
She then wanted to go to the toy store where they have a bunch of toys set up for kids to play with. Lila played with a train track for about 2 hours until I begged and pleaded with her to come home with me. The only thing that worked was telling her that she could help me decorate cupcakes.
Lila wanted Jeff and Kara at her party because she said they love her so much, she wanted Craig and Angie cause she said they love parties, and Whitney and Dustin, but not Cade because she said he gets to messy when he eats. She later changed her mind on that one and couldn't wait for Cade to come over.
So the Barringtons came over and joined us for Lila's favorite meal of all time, Belgian waffles and whipping cream and sausage and scrambled eggs. I was also happy with her request for dinner, it was way easier then other meals I feared she would choose.
Each balloon had a sucker tied to it which was pure torture for Mr. Caders.
Launi was in true party spirits for the day.
Lila is so fun to get gifts for, she really loves everything and anything you get her.
Launi thought that the darling rocking chair the Barringtons made for Lila was all for her, she was in love at first sight.


This is Lila taking pictures with her new princess camera from Jeff and Kara that she slept with for the first 3 days.

I think Lila's very favorite part of her day was decorating her cupcakes. She told me what colors of frosting to make, she helped me put the frosting on each cupcake and she did all of the sprinkles herself.


It was Launi's first experience with chocolate ice cream and she was in Heaven. She did the sign for more probably 100 times after that bowl was gone.
Lila thoroughly enjoyed every last bite as well.
Dear Lila,
I cannot believe that you are 3 already, the past few years with you in my life have been the very best years of my entire life. You make each day for me more joyful then I ever thought possible. You are loving and affectionate and truly forgiving. You try so hard to be obedient and to be such a good big sister. I am amazed at the new things you accomplish daily. Lila you are so special to me and to Daddy and to your Heavenly Father too. You are one loved cute fing and an answer to so many of my prayers. We love you. Happy Birthday. Love, Mom

Lila is writing her name all by herself, she does this on everything she can find, including with her own spit on our fridge-gross I know.
She dresses herself and also recently discovered she likes nursery. She still loves to read and prays without any help too.
A few of my favorite Lila moments...
We were getting out of the car late one night and Lila says to me in a kind of panic voice, "Mom something is wrong with my eyes, they won't stay open!"
We are working on the potty training thing and one day she begged to wear underwear and not her diaper. I let her and told her she can't go pee in her underwear. About 30 minutes later Lila went into her room and came out with a very concerned look on her face. I asked her if she went pee and she said, "ummm...(long pause) no, but stay right there, my just need a towel to clean something up."
Her prayer last night went as follows, "Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day. Please bless Launi sleeps well, please bless we go to Disneyland pretty soon, and please bless Grandma to come live at my house. Dear Heavenly Father Amen.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Sheena,
I do have to say Miss Lila is the cutest, sweetest, funniest thing ever! The things she says crack me up. We seriously think she is great! I hope we can stay on the guest list for many more of Lila's birthday parties in the future!

Maxine Parrish said...

Looks like Lila had a perfect birthday - no less than she deserves, of course! We miss her so much! It's amazing how much she has grown up this past year! Happy birthday, Lila! We love you!

Megan said...

I love that her guest list is full of adults. lol. She is such a cute girl. Sounds like she had a GREAT day. Happy Birthday Lila!