Sunday, November 15, 2009

Happy Little Campers...just kidding

Sad news first... Little Launi got what Lila has. She was running a fever from Wednesday until this morning and yesterday morning the little sores started appearing. Our doctor told us that she would most likely get it too, so to start giving her the same medicine as Lila right away. Now we are hoping that Launi won't get it quite as bad.



Launi isn't really eating anything but she is still drinking. So far the girls have been really good at sleeping in the day time but they are both up all through the night, waking each other up crying. I feel like I have been playing musical beds going from laying on Lila's floor with her to sleeping in our rocking chair or on the couch with Launi.

Both girls want to be held non stop, this has probably been the toughest part, I wish I could hold them both at the same time.
We were a little stir crazy on Friday so we went for a drive. Launi had a really high fever at this point and Lila hadn't eaten in days so they were pretty much zoned out in the back.



You can't tell she is miserable, can you?









Lila's lips would probably be much better at this point, but she is a picker and can't leave them alone. When I went to check on her this morning her hair was crusted to her face and mouth with blood-kind of disgusting.

The good news is we convinced Lila to eat ice cream last night and it made such a big difference in her little personality. She had oatmeal for breakfast and has been drinking a lot too. She still breaks out in sobs every so often but she is definitely getting better. Now we just have to wait out Launi.

3 comments:

Megan said...

Oh man. I am so sorry. I can't even imagine how physically and emotionally exhausted you must be right now. Hopefully Lila will continue to eat a little more and Launi won't get it as bad as Lila did. I feel terrible for you and your cute little family. Boo for sickness!

Maxine Parrish said...

Is it bad that we still think they are the cutest little girls ever, even when they look so pitifully miserable? Glad to hear Lila's eating a bit more now. Hopefully the worst is behind for her now. We hope Launi gets better much faster! Good luck!

The Allan Family said...

I don't know who I feel worse for, you or them.