Friday, April 4, 2008
The Results are in and it's a....
GIRL!!! We had our 20 week ultra sound today and I have to admit that I was pretty shocked. I had totally convinced myself that it was a boy and it is most definitely a girl!!! I am very excited that Lila will have a little sister so close in age and that I get to use all of her adorable clothes again so soon. Jake and I LOVE having a little girl but now I already feel some serious pressure for baby #3 to be a boy and #2 hasn't even made her way into this world. I do absolutely love my sister though and would be lost without her so I am beyond thrilled that Lila will be blessed with a baby sister. It was so wonderful to see her little heart beat and be able to see her hands and feet. They measured her femur bone during the ultrasound and said it was 3 centimeters, that is so so tiny, it makes me smile just thinking about it. Anyway, we are having a girl and wanted to let you all know. We happen to think that we make pretty amazing girls, we just need some name ideas so get your brains going and give us some suggestions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

21 comments:
That is exciting. I still can't believe you are working on #2 already.
What ever happened to Alora or Aurora? I have a hard time with girl names because I don't want a name that I associate with someone else.
I am happy for you guys. I still can't wait to meet Lila, I've been noticing her name in movies lately.
Congratulations!! I have to admit, I love the idea of having sisters - so I think it is pretty dang lucky! and like you said, you get to use all of Lila's cute clothes!! I am so happy for you both!
Sheena!!! I am so glad that you found me! It is so good to see you! Your daughter is SOOO beautiful! I can't believe you are about to have 2 beautiful little girls!! If they are anything like their mom, they will be 2 fantastic people!! Love ya!
Congrats! We are really excited to have another mini-minnie-menke for a neighbor!
Another girl! That's what I'm secretly hoping for-- a little sister for Josie. Congratulations!
Hey guys! I think your poll is broken. I just tried to vote and it said it's closed. I really want to put in a vote now.
Wahoo! Sisters are so so great! I am SO excited for you guys, Lila will be a great sister!
PS I think that perhaps Sara is a great name... just kidding! Right now I love the names Olivia and Ruthie...
I couldn't be happier about this because this world needs cuter girls like Lila Shae!!! Name ideas, you only need one. Brookelyn - BOOOYA!
Holy sam!!! I can't believe you are even that far along! We just did this didn't we!?! I am SOOO excited for you! I hope we get one soon too! :)
Congratulations you are absolutely going to love it. I looooove having two girls (I thought it would be a boy too.) Ashlyn is already noticing the adorable little things her sister does and I think they are going to love being so close together. Plus we've hardly bought Madelyn anything except for matching dresses with Ashlyn which is soooooo fun! Congrats!
Seriously. How can I vote?
I would leave a comment and tell you how excited I am that you are having a girl, except I am going on comment strike against you for not leaving me any comments.....
Congratulations! That's really exciting.
Lori had her ultrasound recently too. It's so cool to see the little baby moving, kicking,and wiggling around.
Names... hmm... Abigail, Sarah, Kayla, Sydney, Anne, Audrey, Mariah, Jenna, Leah, Brooklyn, Rachel, Kaylee, Madison,Lauren. Good luck!
Happy Baby Girl! I have a few suggestions for girls' names:
Cassandra
Patsy
Gertrude
Chastity
There's way more where that came from!
yay for little girls! i always wanted a sister, but i was the last child to be had.
girl's names? hmm...how 'bout:
chloe, olive, stella, isobel, lucy, or madge
Hurray! Now we'll have even boy-to-girl cousin ratios. Few to consider:
Willamina
Tabitha
Minuette
Lalolianina
Bessie
Frizzotia
Congrats!! I'm hoping for a girl next...but we're waiting a while...hey--do you have the pink book? We need to pass it on to April.
I am so excited for you. They will be best friends, and you already have all the stuff. I love the name Ella but I can't use it cause it's to close to Emma. And I love the name Savanah. Congrats.
Amberly
I'm as shocked as you are but we're super excited to have another adorable niece. Lila will be forever grateful to you for giving her a little sister- they're the best! ;)
Girl...That sucks. Too much Estrogen. You need some Testosterone to even things out there. ( I just had to be a contrarian. Everyone was slobbering all over you comments page and I had to wipe it up in one fail swoop.)
Oh yeah, by the way. Congrats.
Ok, some of us need a new post already - not that we don't love this one...
And your welcome. You now have >20 comments.
Post a Comment