Monday, March 17, 2008

I'm Old Now

So I'm no longer in my early 20's, what can ya do? Turning the big 2-5 happened on Saturday and even though it would have been nice to be turning 24 again, my day was wonderful. It started off with breakfast in bed, chocolate chip waffles with whipped cream, then I took the longest shower ever, this is usually not an option, it is jump in and jump out or leave a 1 year unattended for way too long. In the morning Jake got Lila out of her crib, changed her diaper, got her breakfast and played with her while I got ready for the day. I emerged from my room to a spotlessly clean house. Usually we clean on Saturday mornings but Jake didn't want me to clean on my birthday so he had a cleaning lady come and do it all. My house has never ever been so clean. That night we went to dinner with some friends and had such a good time.


This is a pic of Jake with one of his massive crab legs, apparently they were the best.









This is the beautiful Bull family. Their daughter Lyza is seriously the cutest little thing ever!









A picture of Jeff and Kara, one of our most favorite couples to hang out with. They don't have any kids yet and we love it cause they spoil Lila with attention and she absolutely loves them.




You can't really see what I'm eating, but it is the world's best fillet mignon. It melts in your mouth it is so good. I highly recommend it.






Just a picture of miss Lila and me coloring while we wait.







Here are some adorable pics of Lyza, she is such a doll.








So after dinner we went bowling, my score was by far the lowest, no one even thought about letting me win. Craig and Ange joined us for the bowling and I'm pretty sure Lila was just in Heaven with her best friends Jeff and Craig there.

Kara and Ange Lila was trying to fit her fingers in the holes. Lila loves Jeff and gave him a bunch of big hugs in a row.


A group shot, I kind of fit us all in.

Lila was totally asleep by the time we got home. She didn't wake up when we changed her, put her in her pj's, and put her in her crib. She was so wiped out.

15 comments:

Maxine Parrish said...

Hurray for the big 2-5! Happy birthday, Sheener! We're the same age for another 2 days. :)

PS: Can't wait to be out there! You guys are awesome! And Lila is just so cute!

Amber said...

Happy birthday Sheena! 25 is the turning point where you go from young to really really old in one day! Congrats! You look lovely in your birthday pics. How sweet of Lila! She's a doll!

Sara said...

Happy late birthday!! You look beautiful in all those pictures!

provoloner said...

You're not old! 25 is a great year, and 26 is even better. These are the only years in your life when you have the luxury of wisdom and youth at the same time.
Then you become old when you hit 28. Then all you have is wisdom. Yay.

Fun pics though! Hurray for fun B'days!

Lianna said...

Happy 25th Sheena, I will always think of you on March 15th, I'm just not good at thinking ahead, sorry. I can't believe we are 25 this year, I still feel 20. I wish we were closer so I could've celebrated with you. GLad to see you are well taken care of :)... of course.

Craig said...

That was a fun party! 25 means you're still a young'n though. When you turn 30, now that is old.

I'm still bummed I missed the crab legs and filet though....

Mindy said...

How can you can your hair so beautifully straight? Some girls have all the luck, straight or curly always beautiful! Wow! Oh, and Happy Birthday, 25 is young and wonderful!!!

Brady said...

Feliz Cumple Sheena!!! Les Extrano y les quiero mucho a uds...!!! Besos y abrazos

Kara said...

I must say 25 in not old! In fact it is super young, I think 70 might be considered old. Your birthday was so much fun, you should turn 25 every day!

DB said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Sounds like a blast for your birthday, and what's better than Filet? Where did you go eat that - I wouldn't guess Joe's CS...

Whitney said...

Wow, you're OLD! Just kidding- to me you're still a wittle baby and you always will be. Your birthday looked like so much fun- I'm sorry we weren't there to celebrate it with you! Oh well, soon enough eh? BTW- I love the picture of you eating your filet because the lady's face sitting behind you appears to be part of your ear (at a glance anyway) so it looks like you have a huge elfy ear. You still manage to look hot though- how is that fair?

Sheena Menke said...

We went to Market Street Grill, they seriously have the most delicious food but it is pretty expensive so we usually only go when we have a birthday coupon.

Okay so maybe I'm not "old" but not being in my early 20's anymore and being pregnant with my second kid makes me feel old.

Sheesh! How old do you feel Collin and Whit that your baby sister is a hop skip and a jump away from 30?

Thanks for all the happy birthdays too, it really was a good day.

Brooke said...

I have a few comments. 1. did you dress your child in a yellow shirt and matching yellow boots? interesting ;) always cutie. 2. your hair turned out excellent, i'm so proud of you - the progress you've made ;) 3. i use way too many smiley faces and lastly. I LOVE YOU, I MISS YOU AND HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Sheena Menke said...

they were yellow socks, thank you. She had shoes on too but we slipped them off before the picture was taken. thanks for the compliment on the hair, i am not a fan of straightening it but i figure every once and a while isn't so bad. i miss you too. maybe you should come and visit.

JAM said...

Don't know what old is...I'm 30. And I dont feel old. (Except for some back pain)

The crab legs were awesome. Good times with friends. No one mentioned who had the high score in bowling...maybe their name should be anonymous, but I think their score was like 151. We had a good time.

I love my wife and hope she had a good birthday. I could not have met , dated, and married a better match for me. I love her the most out of everyone on Earth and 4th in the eternities (right after the Godhead). Everyday is like a dream being married to her and having a beautiful fun daughter.