We have a little tradition in the Menke family, that I believe we stole from my friend Katie, that we started when I was pregnant with Lila. When I was 9 months pregnant with Lila Jake and I went on a date to build a bear and made her a bear. Then when I was 9 months pregnant with Launi, Jake, Lila and I went on a date to build a bear and made her a bear. This past Friday, being 9 months pregnant with baby boy, we all went on a family date to build a bear to make "baby brother" a bear.

Lila picked out her favorites of course, so we narrowed it down to a few and let her and Launi make the final decision.


Launi was completely amazed at the stuffing the bear process.

The girls took turns pushing the pedal to put the fluff in the bear.


Then they each had to hug the bear to make sure it was soft enough for baby brother.

They each picked out a heart to put in the bear and the girl helping us was so darling with the girls. She told them to rub the hearts on their bellies so the bear wouldn't get hungry, rub the hearts on their muscles so the bear would help baby brother be strong, and to kiss the hearts so that baby brother would feel how much his big sisters love him when he was with his bear.

Then they put the hearts in the bear.

Once he was all stitched up, they gave him a bath and brushed him so he would be nice and soft.

They took turns holding him and could not give this little bear enough hugs.

(36 weeks pregnant)

Launi wanted to try the bear out on everything in the store.



Jake and the girls made the little bear a birth certificate, mostly Jake but the girls didn't know that.

Then we headed to cold stone for fabulous ice cream.




We all had such a fun night and are getting pretty excited for this little guy to join the family. I hope he knows how much we already love him. He will be one spoiled baby brother.
5 comments:
So cute!
Thanks for taking so many pictures :)
We're so excited for baby whats-his-name to be born!
Great post! That little story about the girls and the hearts almost made me cry (oddly enough, and I'm NOT pregnant!). Good luck this next month! Can't wait to meet little Caltranz!
Such a cute idea! And Sheena, you look so beautiful! Can't wait to see the little guy! Good luck in the next coming weeks!
That was indeed an idea stolen from me! Although I've never been smart enough to document the trip with pics! Those were darling pictures and you can really tell how excited the girls are to meet their new baby brother!
Such a fun and cute idea. And finishing it off at Coldstone? Now that is just brilliant!
Post a Comment