Monday, November 8, 2010

Say What???

We had an ultra sound today and found out we are having a boy. For reals? A boy? It wasn't a total surprise since this pregnancy has felt so different from my other two, but there is still something shocking about it. I am shocked to say the least. We are thrilled though and so excited to have a little baby boy in this house. After our ultra sound technician told us it was a boy I asked if she was 100% sure and she replied, "Absolutely, he isn't shy one bit and wants us to know he is a boy." I looked over at Jake and he was already spreading the word on his phone. Before I had even gotten off of the table I had messages saying congratulations on facebook because he had announced it. Lila said very loudly after the announcement was made, "A boy? I don't want a boy!" She then quickly warmed up to the idea when we told her how lucky she was for having a sister and a brother.

We asked Lila what we should name him and she said, "Jesus, that's my favorite boy." Cute as it was, we had a difficult time explaining why we won't name him Jesus and she isn't very happy with us. We are so so happy that he is a boy and that he seems healthy. Now I just need to do some serious shopping and be patient for the next 4 months!

11 comments:

Sara said...

Congrats!!! I am so excited for you! And Lila's comment is adorable! Love it!

Brooke said...

Luke says he's already named him for you so don't worry about that part :) We're really excited for you!

Maxine Parrish said...

HOORAY!!! We're so happy and excited for you guys! So you're going to name him Thor, right?

We have a bunch of boy clothes you can use if you want them. Just remind me to bring them down over Christmas.

provoloner said...

Yay!
Jake, you've finally proven your manliness!

So now can we continue to suggest crazy Biblical names?

I'm voting for Chedorlaomer

Katie said...

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!! I laughed out loud so many times reading your post that James had to come read over my shoulder.

Nivette said...

Boys are fun, too :) Although the cute little dresses are out of the picture, there are some seriously dapper looks you can put on your little man. It'll be a whole new world! Congrats.

Lianna said...

Yay! That's what I was hoping for. I love having both. Good luck

Megan said...

I saw Jake at the gym today and he told me the great news! He was very excited indeed. I also had a hard time believing I was going to have a boy too. Seriously. Even up until delivery. When he came out I asked them to make sure it was a boy! lol. But they sure are fun (and much less drama). Ross thought that I wouldn't like to shop as much with a boy, but they are just as fun to shop for too :)

Jen said...

Congrats! Yay for having a boy!

Jennifer Lindstrom said...

Yay! You are going to be so surprised by the how different a boy and a girl are! They are both so fun but in completely different ways! You will love it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! That will be so fun!