A snip it of a conversation I recently overheard between Lila and Luani:
Launi saw a dog and said, "Jesus has a dog too."
Lila replied, "Jesus does not have any pets Launi, only Heavenly Father does."
I then asked Lila, "He does? I didn't know Heavenly Father had any pets."
Lila responded, "Yes He does, He has Lucifer, that's one mean kitty cat." It took me a minute before I realized that she thought the cat on Cinderella was the Lucifer we had been referring to while teaching her about the plan of Salvation. Awesome!
This is a sample of how disciplining goes in our house:
Me- "Lila, please do not run and jump on the couch."
Lila- "Mom, why did you buy a couch that you didn't want me to have fun on, I'm 3, I thought you wanted me to have fun?"
Me- "I do, but not running and jumping on the couch."
Lila- "How about you show me where I can have fun so that you don't get frustrated with me, k?" It is kind of exhausting disciplining this kid, don't most kids just stop jumping on the couch?
Lila peed in her underwear the other day and this is the conversation between us that followed.
Me- "Lila you know better than to pee in your underwear, why would you do that?"
Lila- "Mom, this is the first time I've ever done that, I don't think you should get so mad. Maybe you should just remind me not to do it again." Ummm seriously, did you just say that to me?
Lila tried a chocolate chip bagel for the first time last week and ever since then she is pretty sure that all foods come in the flavor of chocolate. She has since requested chocolate pasta and chocolate rice and told me that she only likes the chocolate meat loaf.
Lila is pretty amazing and I'm pretty sure that so far she has been the easiest little cute thing to raise. I can put Launi down for a nap for 3 hours and Lila will sit at the table and color the entire time Launi is sleeping. She is sweet and sensitive and so affectionate.
A few months ago Lila and I went on a little date to the farm and to get some ice cream. She was excellent company and I thought I should probably post some of these pictures, they are just very her.

She loves to ride the pony there and frequently tells me that she wants to bring this one or that one home with her.
Such a Lila face.
She is pretty fearless these days. It used to terrify her to let the animals eat out of her hands, now she loves it. In fact I can't really think of anything she is afraid of, she will ride any ride, jump off of anything or climb to the top of whatever we will let her.
This picture was taken after her first bite of ice cream. It was the last picture of her where she knew I existed.
Once she dived in, I could not get her attention and every question I asked her went unanswered.



When Lila feels like she needs some attention she will get this stool out and sing songs for me, I have to admit I love it. It is also where she wants me or Launi to sit when she does our makeup. Lila is the most incredible big sister, yes she and Launi occasionally fight, but for the most part they adore each other. Launi asks for Lila to put her to bed for her naps and Lila will read her a story and put her blanket on her. Lila will share everything and anything with Launi, even her favorite treats she will split in half for Launi. These 2 are by each others side constantly.
Lila is a creature of habit, every morning that she goes to preschool she eats a blueberry ego waffle and some orange juice. She cannot be persuaded into anything else. She still lets me pick out her clothes and never puts up a fuss about anything I make her wear. She loves anyone and everyone and starts conversations with whoever will listen to her. I'm sure our neighbors know way more than they want to about the Menkes thanks to Lila.
Lila has been doing really well at preschool. The goal for the kids is to be able to say every letter in the alphabet and the sound or sounds that that letter makes and to be able to differentiate between vowel and consonant by the end of the school year. I picked Lila up from preschool about a month ago and the teachers werel clapping and cheering for her and she was wearing this lovely crown. Apparently Lila was the fist preschooler to be able to do it this year and they were all saying how surprised they were that a 3 year old did it so early in the year. She is starting to read and writing so many more words. She blows me away with all that she learns everyday. I knew that I would love and be proud of my children, I just didn't know to what extent my heart would be all sorts of wrapped up in every little thing they do.
We are crazy about this kid and so grateful that she is ours.

6 comments:
I love her brilliant logic. What three-year old can argue like that? I'm very impressed.
Thanks for the long and fulfilling post Sheena! You're off the hook for a while. ;)
Wow! Lila is something else! What an incredible girl! I so wish we could be around her and all you guys more. But at least there's Christmas...
She is just so dang cute. She sounds so similar to Anna down to the Lucifer confusion (yep, that totally happened to us too).
Andie has a pretty similar breakfast every day. Blueberry waffle + syrup, but milk and not OJ.
Too bad we don't live closer. Dean and Lila could have contests to see who can talk more or sing together, that would be fun. I am happy for you that you have sweet girls and that you are going to have a boy to mix things up.
Post a Comment