Lila turned 4 on November 21st and when we asked her what she wanted for her birthday she said, "I want to get my face painted and have all my friends over." Lila had never had a friend party before, just little get togethers with mostly adults, so we decided we would give in and let her have a friend party. It seemed pretty easy to fulfill those demands so we found someone (who was wonderful by the way) to paint faces and do balloons and Lila delivered invitations to her friends in the neighborhood. Lila is obsessed with art and always has been so we threw an art themed party with a few of Lila's favorite activities.
First she helped me decorate and then she got her face painted like a fairy princess.

There were 11 kids there, 12 including Launi. We made homemade play-dough.
Then played with it.
How cute is this little cheetah? I loved it!
Then we painted canvasses. This is my cousin Jennee's little girl Ellie, she is as sweet and cute as they come.
Alligator Sam painting away.
Lila said she painted a picture of herself being happy on her birthday.
Launi helped herself to a blue frosted cupcake and enjoyed every bite.
Then the kids decorated their own cupcakes.
We sang to Lila, which I'm pretty sure was her favorite part. She sat there so cute with the biggest smile on her face.
Then the kiddos ate their cupcakes, I love the way this cupcake is decorated-with as much sugar on it as possible.

Then came the magnificent balloon creations.
I know this may seem like a weird picture to post, but there is a story to it. Launi wasn't too excited about getting her face painted so instead she had a cat painted on her arm. She must have had a bit of a runny nose at some point after that because next thing we know the cat is smeared on her face and the her arm is a bit slimy. Gross but i had to take a picture of her green mustache.
This is Lila's princess Bell balloon with blond hair just like she requested.
Decorations
This is Lila the next day enjoying her presents. Her friend Sam gave her moon sand and within the first day she had probably played with it for over 5 hours. She LOVES it!
Everything the girls do now is done in dress ups, everything.
Thankfully Lila is an excellent sharer and Launi has been able to play with all of her new stuff. Launi is thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.
A few days after Lila's birthday she opened her present from Launi. It was a cinderella outfit and she lives in it.
We may or may not have to bargain with her to get this dress off of her.
All in all, I would say that Lila had a fabulous birthday. She keeps asking me how much longer until she turns 5, fortunately it is a very long time away. We love this little monkey a whole whole lot.

4 comments:
What a great party! Lila is so amazing - I love how creative and engaged she is with her art. We sure do love our niece!
Very Cute! What great ideas of things to do at a party. I am going to have to get the name and number of the person that did the face painting and balloons.
Thank you so much for inviting Sofia! She had an amazing time! You really know how to throw a party!
What a FUN party! Shoot, you can plan Morgan's next party! :) Lila is amazing, I can't believe how artistic she is...I think my girls have ADD. Morgan is just now starting to enjoy coloring for more than five minutes! I still can't believe our 'babies' are FOUR!
Post a Comment