Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A visit from the Barringtons

This post is pretty late, but still exciting so read on. Whitney and Dustin came to visit over Fathers' day weekend and they brought this cute little guy with them. It was such a fun couple of days for us that we went through serious withdrawals when they left. Cade is one adorable little boy with more energy than you have ever seen in a baby his age.

Since it was Fathers' Day and we were all together, Maxine and Whitney and I decided to have a little scavenger hunt for our hubbies. This is Dustin discovering a few gifts and their next clue. One of the gifts was a painting hand made with love from the little ones. Isaac had no problem diving in and getting messy, but totally out of characteristic for Lila she would only dip one little finger in the paint at a time and then want it cleaned off after she smeared it on the canvas.
Here are all 3 of the boys showing of their new stuff, so cute.
We tried to get a picture of the little cousins all together, this was the best we could do.
We all went to the pool and had way too much fun with Collin and Maxine's water proof camera. I think all 3 of the babies loved the water.
Collin Maxine and Isaac
Dustin Whitney and Cade
I'm pretty sure Jake had the most fun with the water proof camera.

We had such a good time while the Barringtons were here that now we are determined to get them to move here permanently. Even Lila would knock on our guest room door for days after they left and say over and over again, "Baby, pease, baby. " I think she missed her cousin and we miss the 3 of them for sure. Come back soon.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

I can't even tell you how much fun we had staying with you guys- I've been going through some withdrawals myself. Hopefully we'll be able to make it out again soon- I don't think I can wait til Christmas! You know San Diego homes are alot more affordable these days...just something to think about.

JAM said...

We had a great time with your visit also.

But do you think two families should move for one or one family should move for two? Think about it.

Did you also know that real estate will probably not go down much more in UT in the next 5 years but I guess it can and will in Southern CA? (I need a source for this)

Why not trade in your home for 5000 sq ft and an acre of good Utah land?

DB said...

You have a good point Jake. We had a great time and there is nothing like a Utah summer. One little problem that maybe the two families in Utah need to consider: Winter. Snow. Cold Nuff said? We'll help you move when you find a place here.