This past weekend Jake and a bunch of his buddies ran the ragnar relay race. They all did so well, we were incredibly proud of them. It was amazing that these 12 guys ran as far and as fast as they did with so little sleep. One of Jake's legs was 7 miles and he ran that one at 3 in the morning, it was crazy. It was not fun having Jake not home for 2 days but I think it is so awesome that he did this. Every time we talked on the phone I could hear the other guys in his van laughing and shouting in the back ground so I'm pretty sure they all had a good time.
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
RAGNAR RELAY RACE
This past weekend Jake and a bunch of his buddies ran the ragnar relay race. They all did so well, we were incredibly proud of them. It was amazing that these 12 guys ran as far and as fast as they did with so little sleep. One of Jake's legs was 7 miles and he ran that one at 3 in the morning, it was crazy. It was not fun having Jake not home for 2 days but I think it is so awesome that he did this. Every time we talked on the phone I could hear the other guys in his van laughing and shouting in the back ground so I'm pretty sure they all had a good time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

11 comments:
Seriously, I could not believe how much time those guys spent preparing for the race - probably more than I've ever run in my entire life. Great job, Jake and Co.!
This was pretty tough, but a whole lot of fun. We ran 180.5 miles in 30 hours. Not bad for the first time. We had a great group of friends. Some of the quotes are: "That was the best sleep I have ever gotten on a picnic table" and "This is the best pasta and tomato paste I have ever had". It was tough to get any rest or good food for the 24-48 hrs.
The highlight of the run for me was the downhill 7 mile leg at 3am. I felt like I had angels pushing me down this hill. (maybe it was just 5 smelly dudes cheering me on) I ran the first few miles of this leg at around a 7 min mile pace. That just felt so dang good!
What a great wife and daughter I have waiting at the finish line for me.
This was an awesome experience that I highly recommend to others. Who is down to run it next year with me?
I'm jealous you already posted.
We're just waiting on pictures from Wayland. Apparently he was the designated historian in Craig's van.
Still so proud of you guys!
Seriously...Sheena you are are like the cutest pregnant person I know. So beautiful!
55 days! That's getting close! Do you guys have a name yet?
YEAAAAAHHH Jake!!! Wish we could have been there to cheer you over the finish line...maybe next year!
Absolutely Awesome! Would love to do this with you - of course training in SD for a race in SLC is a little tricky with the altitude thing. Maybe we should race out here?
Go Jake!! and what a suportive wife you are Sheena. love the t-shirts! miss you guys!
Sheena, the t-shirts were such agreat idea! Our guys did so well, there's no way they won't do it again next year!
Go refugees!
Hi! I'm about to do the Northwest Passage Ragnar Relay up here in the Pacific Northwest and could use some advice. I've never run a relay before. How did you handle eating (and sleeping, if you slept)? Your blog is great!
So, is it just me, or is Brady wearing shorts circa 1970?
Post a Comment