Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FINALLY!

So it has taken me a million years to get to, but I am finally done with our Hawaii trip. Now I can post about something way more interesting- sorry for dragging this out for so long.

On our last day in Hawaii Jake and I went zip lining. It was pretty amazing and absolutely gorgeous.

Jake of course was fearless and did every zip line without hesitation. He did this one backwards and so I thought I could do it to. I tried, got in position, couldn't move, and had to be pushed. It terrified me so badly, I was shaking for the rest of the day.


Not only did Jake go backwards, he went upside down too. I had a hard enough time just getting myself to fall, let alone doing it upside down. I would also like to point out that the reason there are no pictures of me is not because I didn't really do it, but because I chose not to post hideous pictures of myself wearing a harness with a look of horror on my face. You're welcome.
Some of the gorgeous scenery. I don't know if I have ever been anywhere so beautiful in my whole life.
Notice the 2 zip lines in the bottom of this picture...It was a terrifyingly long one that scared me half to death.
We were also able to zip line on a swing and into the water. Jake had a ball and did it over and over again. I will admit that I didn't do this one once. I was a total wuss and everyone there kept telling me that I would regret not doing it...I don't. I thoroughly enjoyed taking pictures and watching person after person accidentally do belly flops and back flops into the water, very entertaining.



So there you have it, our last day in Hawaii. I could not have dreamed up a more perfect trip. Everyday was amazing and coming home to our girls was just as wonderful.

2 comments:

Collin said...

That looks so fun!
What a great adventure you guys!

Maxine Parrish said...

Yay, a post! Glad you guys had such a wonderful time. I'm a little jealous about the non-kid vacation! Can't wait to see more posts (hint, hint) about everything going on in your lives!