Our little Lila, known to us as cute fing, is growing up so fast. She is learning so many new things daily that I thought I better post a few of her new talents.

She has known how to write her letters for a while, but she recently began putting them together to write words. She came up to me the day I took this picture and said, "Look Mom, I wrote ball." I was a little surprised because we hadn't been working with her at all on writing words. I am a little ashamed to say that I think she learned it from a movie. We are working with her now though and she can write cat, dog, ball, lila, and mom so far.

Lila is doing great on the whole potty training thing too. She still hasn't really had any accidents and is a big girl 100% in her mind now.

This is Lila and her cousin Ellie sitting on my cousin Carrie's lap. Lila loves people and is warm and affectionate to just about everyone. She and Launi cuddle and hug multiple times a day, they never want to be away from each other.

Lila is pretty hilarious these days, keeping us laughing nonstop. She is happy and easy going and as silly as they come. She has been telling ridiculously long stories and has the ability to talk forever without pausing for a second. A few of my favorite recent Lila moments are... first, I heard her say to Launi, "Launi, aren't you just the cutest widdle chubby kinker (she can't say stinker) in the whole world?" Second, she was playing with her dolls and made her girl doll say to her boy doll, "You are so masculine." I was a little surprised that she knew that word and when we asked her what it meant, she said, "it means he don't get any pancakes." Lila is also very good at frequently saying thank you and telling people they are good at things. The other day she very lovingly told me that I was so good at wiping her tushy. A few of her favorite things to say are, "It's okay mom,, accidents happen. " and "every time" She throws those two words on to just about every other sentence. Today Lila came home from church and said to me, "Mommy did you see me at primary with all of those beautiful kids, every time?"

The only thing Lila loves more than coloring and painting is coloring and painting with someone else. This is her and Luke having a little art time. She still spends hours a day coloring and always impresses me with her imagination. She is very good at focusing for long periods of time and creates detailed pictures. I cannot believe how grown up my little Lila is becoming.
5 comments:
Whatever happened to the widdle baby?? She's such a big girl now, I can't believe it! I love reading about the things she says and does - keep that comin' (and for Launi, too)! And those pictures are so so cute, by the way.
Cute Fing! How'd she get so cute?
Sheena, you have been a bloggin' rock star lately! These posts just get better and better. It's so fun to see Lila growing - we can't wait to see you guys!
I can't believe how fast they are growing up! She is so smart - writing words - look at her. I love the masculine comment. I think I am going to have to start using that word for people who don't get any pancakes. lol. Too funny!
Sheena, if Lila already knows how to write her letters.. Shes going to be borrred in school when kindergarten comes! Guess you'll have to homeschool:)
What a great post. I can't believe how big your little girl is Sheena! Isn't it crazy how quickly it all happens? Lila is really such a precious girl.
Post a Comment