Thursday, June 11, 2009

Little Launi Jo

MARCH
Launi army crawls like crazy and always wants to be where the party is at. She is a sweet and very shy baby. She even gets shy with Jake. She started clapping in February and does it every time you get excited.





APRIL
Launi is such a happy baby. She wants to crawl and play all of the time. She is a total momma's girl though and screams her eyes out when I leave the room.






MAY
I know she kind of looks like a boy in Jake's hat, but I couldn't resist posting this pic, she is just too cute. We have always known that Launi is freakishly flexible, folding in half all of the time and sitting in the splits, but we recently discovered that she is double jointed. She does things with her body that make you a little sick to your stomache.
This is Launi's kissy face caught right in action.

She is a really good sleeper, especially at night. She went through a rough patch when she was really sick and when her two teeth were poking through, but now she is heavenly again- sleeping a good 12 hours straight.
JUNE
Launi is very mobile these days. She speed crawls everywhere and stands on her own here and there. For the most part she walks along the couch and the fireplace. She thinks her crib is a trampoline and unlike Lila she does not want to be in the same place for an extended period of time. This may sound like an exaggeration but Launi is seriously the fastest baby in the world, not necessarily with crawling but with her hands. She can have the cookie out of your hand and in her mouth before you even know what happened. This can be very frustrating to the 18 month old Cade and the 2 and half year old Lila. One evening while sitting down to dinner Launi hit the table and one of her little cereal peices flew in the air, I kid you not she caught it in the air. All we can do is laugh cause we have no clue how else to react to this tiny little thing with lightening fast hands. Launi used to be an awesome eater, eating any jar of baby food you would give her, these days she only wants to feed herself. So I am having a tough time thinking of finger foods to give her since she really only has 2 teeth.
Launi's new thing is to wave. She just started but it is hilarious cause she just goes crazy with her arm.

Launi is a sweet and very affectionate little baby. I can't believe how fast she is growing, I feel like she does something new everyday. She is still a tiny little one though and is always on the go.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Yay, finally an update! I had to laugh at the beginning of the post when you said she was shy. Those pictures make her look like the least shy baby ever!

PS - You can give her any sort of soft food. Babies don't eat with their teeth, they mash with their gums in the back. :)

Megan said...

She is so cute and getting SO big - it's crazy! Where does the time go. I love that she is like Ninja baby with her lightening fast reflexes ;) Your kids are just too cute - you need to have more (easy for me to say though huh?!)

Maxine Parrish said...

Hooray, another post! I cannot BELIEVE how much Launi is growing! Seriously, she just looks so much older now. That picture of her wearing Lila's old grey hoodie dress just brings back so many memories of Lila at that age. We miss you guys and the girls so so so much!

Nate and Liz said...

Sheena! Your babies are sooo cute!

Lianna said...

I am happy to see pics of your babes. I wish we lived closer. Come visit again soon!