
We flew to San Diego first, stayed there 1 day and then drove to Tuscon and spent a week there to visit Jake's family. The girls were both total angels on the flight, Launi slept the whole way and Lila was pretty fascinated by everything around her. They did even better on the drive to Tuscon. It is a 6 hour drive and we left at 6 in the morning. Both girls slept the first 3 hours and then we stopped for breakfast and to walk around for a bit. Then both girls slept for the next 3 hours until we got there, it was perfect.

Lila was all consumed by Grandma Jo's doll house and was blissfully happy playing with it for hours and hours straight, especially if Grandma Jo was playing with her.
This is the only picture that I took of anyone other than my girls, pretty pathetic I know. This is especially sad because while we were in Tuscon Jake baptized his niece and we don't have any pictures of it.
While we were in Tuscon we went hiking with the girls and could not get over how perfect the weather was, it was amazing.
Jake liked this cactus so we got a picture of him in front of it and then right when he walked away Lila walked over and copied him exactly.


This is what Launi looked like through pretty much the whole hike, what a sweet little thing. We had such a marvelous time in Arizona and felt so spoiled. It was wonderful to get to see everyone and spend some time in some sunshine.

4 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun! Your girls get cuter every day - we miss Lila and Launi so much!! Also glad to hear that they both did so well with all the traveling!
Last night I was telling Ross how I didn't know how I am going to handle 2 kids. To which he replied, yeah, but what if we get a kid like the Menke's - they are both so happy all the time and sleep well from the get go. This post only reinforced that ;) Sounds like a fun trip - that is why no pictures were taken of others - you were enjoying yourself! As it should be!
What a fun sounding trip....good kids and sunshine! That's just what I need right now!
How did you luck out with such easy kids?? I am jealous. I guess that means you can take another trip down here to visit me :)
Post a Comment