We usually ask Lila several times a day "What do you say?" when she wants something. Afterwords she rephrases her question properly, "May I please have some water?".
The other night we were hanging out on the couch and Lila passed some gas. With the desire to teach her to say "excuse me" after she passes gas, Sheena asked, "Lila, what do you say?".
Lila responded, "Please may I have gas?".
We then laughed so hard that Sheena began to get tears. Lila then asked, "You Otay Mommy? Whats wrong?".
The first big news is that Lila is pacifier free. She only was allowed to have her binky in her crib before, but now that she is almost 2 and a half we felt like it was time to kick it out. So a couple of weeks ago I cut it before her nap. She stuck it in her mouth and gave it back to me and said it was broken. She told me to fix it but when I said I couldn't there were quite a few tears. She cried for about 40 minutes and then fell asleep. Later in the day she threw it away in the garbage. She went to bed just fine without it that night and hasn't cried about it since. Every now and again she will have a tough time taking a nap, but she doesn't ever ask for it so we are thrilled. If you ask her about it she will say, "the binty was broken, so Nina threw it away".
This is a picture of Lila nursing her baby. She even uses the boppy like her mom.
She hasn't quite figured out how to get herself completely dressed just yet.
These are just a few of the books that Lila reads on a daily basis.
She spends at least an hour just reading by herself everyday and if I read with her she could do it all day.
Lately Lila has been making things out of other things. She told me that out of the pieces of the break the ice game she made a cactus.
She told me that the dice above are a choo-choo train. She plays with these dice for about an hour or 2 every time we get them out. She makes sure that they always have the 5 facing up too, it's a little weird.
Her food often becomes things too, she said these sweet potato fries were a hammer.
This half eaten pancake was a camel at first and then she said it was a whale.
This is the top of her toast, she was really excited about this one when she said, "Look mommy loook, it's Nehi's (Nephi's) boat!"
Jake goes running a lot and Lila likes to stretch with him when he gets back.

Lila has absolutely no interest in being potty trained and also refuses to go to nursery. She would rather sit and be quiet on my lap all through Sunday school and relief society then go to nursery, I have no clue how to get her to work on either of those things.

Lila feels that shoes are much more important than pants, even if they are on the wrong feet. A pair of boots completes any outfit for her. (never mind the bib)

Lila is obsessed with painting. She could paint all day every day and be perfectly happy. It doesn't matter how long I let her paint for, she cries when we put it away.

Lila loves Launi with all her little heart and does not like to be in a different room than her. If we are going in another room to brush her teeth or change her diaper or anything, Lila always reminds me to get Launi.
The other day I put Launi on the ground after holding her for what felt like forever. She started crying right away.
Me: Launi you do not need to be held all day long you little stinker.
Lila: Mommy Launi Jo is not a tinker, she just beautiful. (said while gently stroking Launi's cheek)

The other day I put Launi on the ground after holding her for what felt like forever. She started crying right away.Me: Launi you do not need to be held all day long you little stinker.
Lila: Mommy Launi Jo is not a tinker, she just beautiful. (said while gently stroking Launi's cheek)

Lila also knows all of her letters and how to write some of them. She can spell her name and can recognize lots of words. She is a very affectionate loving little girl and we cannot get enough of her. She is independent and strong willed but I'm always impressed at her ability to understand logic. She is so much fun to be around.
* I forgot a few things that I want to remember so here are a couple more Lila stories.
Lila and Jake were at church and Launi and I were running a little behind. We got there about 30 minutes in to Sacrament and when Lila saw us she said really loudly, "Hey babe! I missed you." She has been calling me babe these days and Jake Jacob, I think it is so cute and it drives him nuts.
* Lila has a big fat bruise on her leg and Jake asked her where she got her bruise. She ran over to me and said, " Hey mom, look at this grandpa Bruce on my weg!" Ever since then she refers to her bruises as Grandpa Bruce.
* We were playing outside and it started raining, Lila looked down at the water spots on the ground and said to me, "Oh wow, it's raining pokey dots!"
* Lila is getting really good at saying thank you and says it after I put her in her carseat, change her diaper, or give her anything.
* I forgot a few things that I want to remember so here are a couple more Lila stories.
Lila and Jake were at church and Launi and I were running a little behind. We got there about 30 minutes in to Sacrament and when Lila saw us she said really loudly, "Hey babe! I missed you." She has been calling me babe these days and Jake Jacob, I think it is so cute and it drives him nuts.
* Lila has a big fat bruise on her leg and Jake asked her where she got her bruise. She ran over to me and said, " Hey mom, look at this grandpa Bruce on my weg!" Ever since then she refers to her bruises as Grandpa Bruce.
* We were playing outside and it started raining, Lila looked down at the water spots on the ground and said to me, "Oh wow, it's raining pokey dots!"
* Lila is getting really good at saying thank you and says it after I put her in her carseat, change her diaper, or give her anything.

7 comments:
Aw, super cute post! Kenley likes to always tell us about how things look like other things too (especially her half-eaten food), it's amazing how their little minds work. I'm impressed that she can write her letters! What a smartie pants! My favorite picture was the one with her green boots!
Man! Is she stinkin cute or what?! I love that she stretches with Jake when he gets home, makes things with all of her food (so creative) and that she has to have the 5 side facing up on her dice. I love weird quirks like that. Hopefully next weekend works out for you guys and we can switch babysitting - I wanna see her in action. LOL. ;)
I love my niece!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still laughing about the Grandpa Bruce on her leg! Too cute!
Lila knows where it is at. I see the likeness of the pope in my bread - it's no whale, but ooooohhhh the entertainment value!
That was great! Lila is such a hoot! We really need to get her and Asher together again, and we can double the fun :). I'll call you soon!
Okay, that was seriously the best post ever. Lila is SO awesome! That hot dog move is pretty spicy, I must say. I just love hearing all these stories about what my niece is up to, so keep it up!
now that i've met her, these pictures and ten billion times cuter than they were before. we miss you guys already, and thank you so much for letting us stay with you. we had so much fun with you!
Post a Comment