Saturday, August 23, 2008

Launi Jo Menke Has Arrived!!!

I was due on the 20th of August but I wanted to have the baby while my mom was still here to help with Lila so I was induced a day early and went into the hospital on Tuesday morning. I had contractions for a while and then the epidural and then the little baby. Launi was born at 6:52 pm, was 20 inches long just like Lila, but weighed a bit more at a whopping 8 pounds 14 ounces. As you can see from the pictures she is all cheek. She is a total love and we are beyond happy to have her in our little family.


I thought it was really hard to be at the hospital and away from Lila but it was more than wonderful to come home. Lila was so excited to welcome us back and had already learned how to say Launi Jo. She loves her so much and is really gentle with her. She wants us to hold Launi and touch her hair and Lila loves to just look at her. So far she just wants Launi around all of the time, hopefully it will stay that way.


I feel like this has been a really easy recovery and I hope it stays that way. I feel great and other than being tired I have nothing to complain about. Launi and Lila are the cutest little things in the world and I am so grateful for them and my incredible husband who also happens to be the world's best dad.

17 comments:

Lianna said...

yay! She is so precious! She looks like Lila. I am glad to hear you are recovering well. I can't believe you have 2 now. I hope she is a good baby.

DB said...

Congratulations! She's beautiful- we're excited to come out and see her for ourselves.

Sara said...

congrats!! She is so beautiful, and you look amazing! We are moving back to Utah in 6 days (who's counting?) and I need to bring you dinner and meet Launi Jo!

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness what a cutie! She looks like a Launi Jo:) I think we might have to change our travel plans for our trip out to Utah cause there's no way I'm waiting a whole month to see her!

Jen said...

Congrats!! She's is adorable and it seems like Lila will help make this transition easily!

Amberly said...

So cute. She is adorable. I love the name. I am so glad that Lila likes her, I bet she thinks she is a little mommy and wants to do everything for her. I can't wait to meet her when you guys come back to church.

Maxine Parrish said...

Who taught Lila to say her sister's name? Oh yes - her grandma and aunt Maxine! :) This really is the cutest, sweetest baby ever! I think you guys were seriously meant to have many children, because she's lookin' like she'll be another easy baby! Congratulations, guys! It has been so wonderful to be so close to the action. Anytime you need Lila to come hang out with Isaac...

TheRogersReport said...

We are so happy for you! what a little angel... my mom was thrilled about the name. She kept talking about it last night. Congrats!!

amanda said...

congratulations guys. she's so pretty. what a great head of hair too!

DrDave said...

Greetings, Launi Jo! You're one of my top 7 favorite granddaughters! He he he.

Love, Granddad

Winslow said...

Hey Sheena,
Congrats on the beautiful baby!! 2 down 5 to go!
Love you.

Devon and Josh said...

Congratulations! Launi and absolutely precious!! I just adore her name... way to go Mom! Now, get some sleep!

Amber said...

congratulations Guys! She is so beautiful! I am glad you were able to decide on a name. I was worried for a little bit. You picked a good one! She has the most kissable cheeks ever! I am going to hurry and finish this crib skirt so I can come and see her!

amandamenghini said...

That is awesome! She is so cute. Now the real work begins...

Hartless1 said...

I ♥ HER! I can't wait to see them! I'll have to take a trip up there soon! Sooooo cute!

Sally Barrington said...

Congats! What a beauty!!! You two make good looking girls!

Jen's Life said...

Sheena, congrats! What a beautiful baby! I hope things are well. I should come down and visit soon.