Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another Long one....

Who knows when this baby is coming so I thought I would post all that has been going on just in case I don't get a chance to post for a while.
Daddy wants forgiveness: One morning Jake was trying to plant some herbs with Lila and she didn't really get that they weren't just playing in the dirt. Jake got frustrated with her and quit letting her help. It hurt her feelings so bad she burst into tears, the really sad tears not the pouting kind. So then he felt bad and brought into the house a bunch of dirt and pots for her to play with at the table while he ran off to work. The pictures don't even show just how covered in dirt she actually was, next time he feels guilty about something I am making him clean up after his mercy plea.





Lila is 20 months old: These were taken a few weeks back when Lila turned 20 months old. She loves to be outside more than anything in the world and examines the garden like her dad does. She could stay out there all day long and if Jake is out there with her then she is just in Heaven. The middle picture of her is her big fake smile, I love it! She has her stinker moments, for example when she runs around non stop because she doesn't want her diaper changed, or when she hides from us forever, which she is seriously good at, cause she has found something that she knows she shouldn't play with, and when she asks for play dough literally hundreds of times a day. Those lovely moments aside, she is the most wonderful little thing in the world and makes Jake and I the happiest parents in the whole world.



Our 3 year anniversary: Jake and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary at the end of July. It was the most perfect day, we started off by heading to the Temple and were able to make it home before Lila even woke up. That afternoon Jake and I went to lunch at the Terris overlooking the gardens at thanksgiving point. We were sitting outside with the most beautiful view of these amazing gardens. After we finished our delicious lunch we were off to a couples massage. It was heavenly. Again, Lila was still sleeping when we got home, for all she knew we had been home all day. That night Maxine and Collin actually did watch Lila while Jake and I went to the Roof in downtown Salt Lake. The food was wonderful but the view was seriously incredible, it was amazing. We had such a fabulous day and when we got home Lila was having the time of her life playing with Collin and Maxine. Thanks so much guys for watching her all day long, we owe you big time!





And some Random ones just for fun: Jake was watching Lila and had to answer a call so the peanut butter entertained her until he was done. No wonder she loves her dad so much. I just couldn't resist posting the picture of my darling nephew Isaac, I figured you would all want to see his adorable face.


8 comments:

JAM said...

Wait a minute...I cleaned up all the dirt in the kitchen afterwards didn't I? She loves playing in dirt thats for sure.

She has been so fun to have around the last 20 months. What is it going to be like with two little munchkins?

We did have an awesome time eating and playing and relaxing on our anniversary. The only thing we did not get to do is ride Segways in the Garden at Thanksgiving Point. Sheena gave me a raincheck and I'll be trying to convince her to go with me. Life just gets better and better in marriage and with children...I guess I have Sheena to thank. Maybe later.

Lila likes her some peanut butter.

Maxine Parrish said...

It has been a very exciting month for you guys. I love coming upstairs and finding out Lila's latest wacky antic (which, of course, sometimes involves Jake). You guys are the best! And that nephew of yours - what a little stud!

JoAnn said...

Jake loved playing in dirt, mud, etc. when he was Lila's age! The "etc." wasn't always so fun to clean up--especially on the walls of his room!

DB said...

Who doesn't like to play with dirt? I think you ought to build a big ol' sandbox and fill it up with all sorts of sand and toys to play with. In fact, I wanna play too.

Whitney said...

Man, Lila gets to have all the fun! I bet she's ready to come have fun here in San Diego. Tell her we have dirt and peanut butter here too!

amanda said...

i love her stinkface. it's one of the cutest stinkfaces i've ever seen. as much i hate it when kids get dirty, i don't think i'd mind it if they were as cute as lila (or my izzy).

amandamenghini said...

Congrats on three years! I does go by so fast...And lila is so super cute! Those cute cheeks...

Sharon Johnson said...

Holy Holy Moly Mrs. Menke. She is so big! I love her. I cannot believe you have a little small child that big and another one on the way... whooo.!