Simon is still as sweet as can be, sleeping tons and tons. He was a few ounces shy of being back up to his birth weight at his 2 week appointment so I was reprimanded for letting him sleep 9-10 hours at night without eating. The doctor told me to wake him up every 3-4 hours at least until he is back up. Ummm, no thanks! I decided 6 was a good compromise. He was in the 50% for weight and the 75% for height. That kind of surprised us because this little guy is really long, some of his 3 month clothing are already flood pants on him.
This is a picture of Simon next to the picture of Simon that Lila drew of him.
Sorry for all of the sleeping pics, but like I said, that is just what he does. He even slept through his first bath at home.


My cousin Brooke had her baby, Penny, a week and a half after I had Simon. This picture does not do justice the incredible size difference between the 2. Penny is so tiny and petite and has tons of hair, she is as cute as can be.
Simon is healthy and chubby and we just can't hug and kiss this little guy enough.Now onto Miss Launi. She has recently discovered she is 2 and is trying to make the most of it. She has an opinion about everything and is by far the most stubborn person I have ever met and I might go as far to say that she is the most stubborn person period. I have to choose my battles with this one very wisely. That being said, she is beyond compassionate. She is loving and affectionate and cannot stand for anyone to be sad or upset.
Launi is currently in the stage where it is nearly impossible to get a normal picture of her, but I do love the faces she makes.
Typical Launi...Princess crown, food on her face, in pjs, wearing Lila's ballet slippers and a backpack.
She is getting pretty good at her grumpy face.
Launi loves loves loves Simon. She thanks me for him daily. She likes to hold him but mostly she sits by him and sings him songs and tells him stories. My favorite is when she warns him randomly, "Simon, don't eat any beads, okay? You will choke." or "Baby brother, don't run away from mom when she is doing your hair, it don't feel good." "Hold onto the shopping cart in the store so that you don't lose mommy." I love it!

Launi loves to play. She has a huge imagination and entertains herself for hours.
A close up-Launi put all of her little ponies in her shoes. She told me that each square of her shelf was either a garage or a bedroom or the living room and each shoe was a different piece of furniture or a car or a bed. This lasted over 4 hours, it was awesome to listen in on.
We made paper plate bunnies and of course I wanted to display them cause the girls did such a great job, but they wanted to pretend to be bunnies with them for days until cotton balls started falling off.



Launi has recently decided that she is too big to take naps, this leads to us finding her asleep at lots of different times in many different places.
She fell asleep eating dinner at a restaurant too, but I didn't have my camera.
Now onto Lila Ly- She is an amazing big sister. She adores Launi and Simon and can make Launi laugh so hard she falls over. She recently told me that it makes her sad to think about all the people who don't have a Launi. I interpreted that as she is sad for the people who don't have what Launi is to her.
Lila could hold Simon as long as we will let her. She always washes her hands before she touches him because she says she doesn't want to give him any germs. She asks before she touches him and is so sweet and gentle with him.



Lila and I have a deal worked out where I get to choose her clothes she wears to preschool and church and she gets to pick her outfits the rest of the days. Everyday she picks is fantastic, I wish I took pics of them all, but here are 2 of her gems.
Lila is still loving school and has started gymnastics too. She blows my mind with how much she learns every day, I don't know how we are going to keep up with this kids brain. She is pure entertainment and fun around here.We are all doing great and I think that so far being a family of 5 has been a fantastic and smooth transition. Hopefully it will continue this way, but it feels a little too good to be true right now.

4 comments:
Of COURSE he sleeps non-stop! Grrr....
Your kids are amazing. Mind if I call Simon Jake Jr?
Thank you so much for the fantastically long fantastic post!
I cannot believe how grown up Launi looks now! Seriously, she looks almost like an entirely different kid in some of her pictures. Thank you so much for the update - I loved reading about each darling baby and wish so badly that we could see them.
Oooooh, so many cute pics! Thanks for posting! I was laughing at Lila's outfits and Kenley asked me why I was laughing. I told her I was laughing at Lila's outfits she picked out and Kenley was like, "Why? I love those outfits! They're not funny!" So there you have it. According to Kenley, she is "very fashion," so I guess Lila is too and we don't know anything.
Ummm scientists and doctors need to study your children/babies and their sleeping. It is crazy awesome and I am so jealous. He is such a doll. I loved that Launi gives him little tips here and there. Too funny. I especially loved the one about running away from mom while she is doing your hair. lol. Good advice!
Post a Comment