I very rarely had acid reflux with Lila and never got it with Launi, this time around it is a permanent state of being for me. I think that might have something to do with eating far too many of these

and drinking way too much of this.
I have never been pregnant before over the holidays and that is why I am blaming that on me feeling like I look like this.
I remember feeling so cute all of the time with my girls. I wanted to wear dresses and skirts and do my hair and my makeup. The bigger I got the cuter I felt. This time not so much. I wear jeans for an hour and then debate if what I am doing is worth me not being at home in comfy pants. It really occurred to me that I was pregnant when I was at a restaurant and asked the waiter if there was anything on the menu that came with ribs and steak. What? Did I seriously want both? Yes. And was I seriously disappointed when the answer was no? Yes I was.When I was pregnant with my girls it was almost impossible to make me cry. I was far from emotional and pretty much giddy non stop. Now a days, everything and anything can get me to shed a tear or two. I find myself crying during commercials or when I see other people sad or happy. If Lila or Launi get hurt, I can't even help but cry a little with them, it is down right pathetic. I would need a box of tissue next to me just to watch The Biggest Loser.
I did not experience a single contraction with either of my girls until I was at the hospital being induced. This might be the biggest difference of all, I have contractions quite frequently this time around.
And here I am 27 weeks pregnant and looking about ready to pop. I am terrified to see what that belly looks like 3 months from now. I am hoping it will quit growing so fast once we get past the holidays.
I do feel great though. Just like with my other 2 pregnancies, I feel wonderful and am thoroughly enjoying this experience. I have nothing really to complain about and love feeling this little guy move so much. The girls kiss and talk to my belly constantly and it makes me feel so blessed to be going through this as a family. This baby will come into the world one loved and adored baby brother.

6 comments:
Too bad about your nausea and acid reflux. I do recommend raw honey - a teaspoon of that takes away my acid reflux instantly. And that's saying something, since part of my stomach is now inside of my esophagus - I didn't think anything would work.
I loved the story about the ribs and steak. What on earth are you gestating in there?
You are gorgeous! WE can't wait to meet your little guy! Have you tried Zofran for the nausea? It does WONDERS! Your Christmas card is amazing, thanks for sending us one!
Sheena, you look about 5 months pregnant, maybe 6, but you definitely don't look like you're ready to pop. And I can attest to Collin's raw honey theory - I took some for heartburn the other night and it worked almost instantly. Regular honey doesn't work at all.
You crack me up! I know you feel crappy but you look fabulous! You are beautiful!
A lot of those things I felt with my third pregnancy too. I asked my doctor how in the world I would make it 40 weeks when I was having so many contractions at 26 weeks. She said, "welcome to your third pregnancy! It only gets worse with each one!"
But you DO NOT look huge. You look adorable. Good luck!
I was more sick with Evan too and craved meat - maybe it's the boys ;) All I know is, you are not alone is feeling not so great. Heck - I cry watching The Biggest Loser and only want to wear comfy pants and I am NOT even pregnant. lol. One thing I know for sure - you are one gorgeous girl. I mean come on, you are glowing. You look great!
Post a Comment