Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Playing Catch up...Part 3

Lila's last day of preschool was in the beginning of June and we have missed it so much! Her last day was a circus day and when I went to pick up her up on the second to last day of preschool she said, "Mommy, don't forget to make my lion costume for circus days tomorrow." So I did what any mom would do and convinced her that the circus has beautiful ballet dancers in it too and she could just wear a dress up she already had. I cannot believe that my Little miss Lila already finished her first year of preschool, thankfully she has another one or else I might be freaking out a little more.




She has learned so much this year, I really was shocked everyday. She would come home and tell me about all sorts of things, like the life cycle of frogs and about her long and short vowels and she would sing cute creative songs that taught her all kinds of reading tricks. It was just plain amazing.

Launi and I joined her for most of her last day and there really is nothing Lila enjoyed more than Launi coming to her preschool. She would keep Launi right by her side every single second. Launi had the time of her life too and would jump right in the middle of things.

This is a picture that Lila drew during the year and since it was hanging up in the hall of the school I wasn't sure we would get it back so I took a picture of it. Lila is still very obsessed with art, she cannot get enough of it. Her teachers were always telling me how amazing her pictures were and that they wished they could keep them all. I was always impressed but I'm her mom so that's my job.
This is Lila and Miss Emily. She was one of Lila's teachers and absolutely amazing, I feel like we won the lottery getting her as a teacher.
This is Lila and Miss Lindsay, also amazing. Lila really did have spectacular teachers and such a wonderful first year of preschool.

2 comments:

Megan said...

That is a smart mom move right there getting her to dress as a ballerina. It probably wasn't too hard though. She looks so darn cute. And umm yes. Her art skills are friggin amazing. I can't even draw pictures of birds that well!

provoloner said...

Is it just me or is Lila a lot taller than her classmates? I bet it's because she eats better and healthier than all of them combined.

And yeah, I couldn't draw that picture that well either. Well, not without a TON of practice.