Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A little bit of everyone

Jake is doing really well and even though his neck still hurts, he is a total rock star and keeps on going. He is having a MRI tomorrow (Thursday) on his neck and chest and we are praying that we will receive good news.

(this pic was taken pre surgery)

Lila is now in a big girl bed and even though it has taken some adjusting, she is doing great now. She is even taking a nap as I type. I just have to share this little Lila moment. Yesterday Lila and I were hanging out at the kitchen table coloring when she stops and says to me, "Mom, please will you bring me a higher love?" I laughed so hard and told Jake about it, he said that that song was on the radio a couple of weeks ago when they were in the car. You gotta love 2 year olds. One more story...today Lila fell off of her chair in the kitchen, like she often does, and started crying. I went over to her and asked her what hurt, when she finally stopped crying she said, "my feelings."


I'm doing really good, praying for my husband a lot and just enjoying the fun stages my girls are in. I'm really grateful for lots of wonderful people around me and am having a blast experimenting with my crafty side these days. Whit and I have been selling at Farmers Markets and are loving it.

Launi just turned 1 (a post to be done at a later time). She is as happy as can be these days and never stops giggling and eating. Her hair is getting so long and curly and it is usually covered in some sort of food. She is starting to walk a lot these days but still prefers to crawl.

6 comments:

JAM said...

I do not have much to add to this post but I wanted to have the first comment.

I love my family.

provoloner said...

Awesome post! Now that's what I'm talking about. I'm so happy that Lila loves the great 80's songs. I expect her to know her Air Supply by the time I see her next. :)
And Launi is so you Sheena I can't believe it. I can't wait to see my nieces! I miss you guys!

Maxine Parrish said...

Wow, Lila really IS Collin's niece! I LOVE that story about her remembering that song! Thanks for all the stories and updates. You have no idea how much we appreciate it now that we're so far away from you guys. It's good to see how every is doing and how the girls are growing. Good luck on the MRI, we'll pray for good results!

Megan said...

I am glad things are going well - you are such a positive person. I hope that the MRI looks good - keep us posted.

Your girls couldn't be any cuter! I love that Lila said that - seriously hilarious. And now I am going to have the song stuck in my head the rest of the day ;)

Erin said...

How did the MRI go? I hope everything is cleared out. We're keeping you in our prayers.

DB said...

LJ is an awesome walker! She loves a good tickle too.